Excavator Helical Installer Operator
Reporting to the Site Superintendent or Project Manager the Excavator Install Operator is responsible for the installation of helical piles.
· Coordinate and Supervisor all ground personnel when tasked with being the acting supervisor on site.
· Perform Equipment walk-around inspections.
· Maintain MCI equipment in accordance with Government, Client and MCI regulations, standards and procedures.
· safety; environmental; quality; contractual
· Proficiently operate any or all of core equipment, which includes Excavators, Loaders, and skid steer equipment.
· Operate equipment in safe manner.
· Operate equipment productively for 8+ hours per day, year-round in varying types of weather and ground conditions.
· Ensure all aspects of quality are met for installation procedures
· Coordinate proper install for piling including: angle, torque, serial number, and embedment.
· Maintain a high housekeeping standard.
· Maintain and ensure high level of safety
· Operation of MCI lease rental Truck.
· Completion and timely submission of daily required paperwork
· Provide Job training and ongoing mentoring to field staff.
· Ability to jump into a support position if required if unforeseen circumstances arise
· Be proficient with Smart Phone Apps and technology for the MCI App use.
Job Functions & Contributions
· Maintains strong coordination, organization, and communication skills
· Abides by all MCI policies, procedures, rules and OH&S Act, Regulation & Code
· Participate in the Preventive Maintenance program for the equipment you operate
· Ensure a daily JHA, attend all safety meetings, toolbox
· Abide by the MCI Carrier Safety Program, Traffic Safety Act & and all other applicable government Legislation
· Represent MCI in a professional manner while on and off job sites
· Be “Fit for Duty” including; Coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
· High school diploma or GED, or acceptable combination of education and experience
· Class 5 drivers license. (Class 1 license or Class 1 learners an asset)
· Construction & Equipment experience (Boom Truck experience preferred)
· MUST HAVE CSTS 09, First Aid, H2S Alive & Ground Disturbance
5 years minimum
· Information Technology