- $60,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Want to make a difference in someone's life? Apply today to join the team at Malachi House as a Clinical Director!
Malachi House in Cleveland is a Christian ministry, unique in its service of total care without cost to the poor. It provides "home" and "family" for terminally ill people, who are alone, without an available or adequate caregiver.
• Ministry oriented and able to recognize, accept and follow the mission of Malachi House
• Registered nurse required-preferably in Hospice and/or Palliative Care
• Previous experience working with terminally ill persons
• Proven ability to deal effectively with diverse groups of people and provide leadership and direction
• Knowledge of computer operation including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Willingness to work flexible hours, according to the needs of residents and Malachi House
RESPONSIBILITIES: Included, but not limited to:
• Recognize, accept and support the mission of Malachi House
• Manage referral information to facilitate admissions
• Serve as liaison between staff and hospice teams as necessary
• Maintain a professional relationship with all referral sources
• Maintain accurate census information in data base form
• Evaluate and review all prospective residents with Executive Director
• Interview, plan, schedule and orient new clinical employees to Malachi House with ED
• Share on call time with Executive Director and Clinical Assistant
• Immediately inform Executive Director regarding any unusual circumstances, notable changes or harmful situations concerning the residents, staff, volunteers and/or visitors (eg. admissions, falls, incidents, conflicts, discharges, deaths, policy, procedure and handbook conflicts, etc)
• Assist the Executive Director in all matters as required to maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment for residents and staff. Maintain accountability for the clinical staff
• Responsible for clinical employee evaluations and review with ED
• Participate in meetings as requested or required
• Coordinate in-services with the Executive Director, according to staff needs, to facilitate development and training of staff
• Manages all policies and guidelines as set forth in the Malachi House Employee handbook and the policies/ procedures book
• Coordinate educational opportunities to include but not limited to nursing and medical students, seminarians and the community
• Meet with Malachi House Medical Director and the QPSI (quality, performance, safety and improvement) Committee to maintain appropriate quality care of residents, quarterly or more frequent as needed
• Compile statistics for quality indicators and facilitate the quality committee meeting quarterly
• Maintain employee health records including TB testing, Hep B immunizations and minor first aid as needed
• Facilitate COVID-19 testing for all employees, residents, volunteers and visitors
It's a rewarding career with great benefits, paid time off and premium pay
Malachi House, created out of a Christian Sense of ministry, serves persons who are terminally ill, without cost or regard to gender, race, religion or national origin. Our home ministers to individuals who need an available caregiver, who have limited or no financial resources, and are in need of special home care in the final stages of life. A trained staff and volunteers provide spiritual, emotional and physical support with the assistance of a hospice team.
2810 Clinton AvenueCleveland, OH
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.