Lead Building Engineer (BBM3)
Malace HR Pendergrass, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsibilities: Supervises and directs maintenance personnel in installation, repair, and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment. Responsible for supervising the operating team on his shift or workforce assigned. Assumes the Chief Engineer's responsibilities if the Chief Engineer is not on site.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff and monitors performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program.
- Scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff.
- Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Plans and manages budget, allowing for appropriate control over, and utilization of institutional resources.
- Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
- Prepares and submits purchase order requests, develops sources for stock materials and performs periodic checks for supplies.
- Performs additional duties as requested..
- Education -Minimum of a high school diploma. Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
- Experience - 5 years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Lotus and E-Mail etc.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Capable of operating BMS and work order systems
- Completion of written documentation is required.
- Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions
- For internal candidates, must have consistently received a "meets expectations" job performance review.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EngineeringView all jobs at Malace HR