HVAC Service Technician II
Malace HR Farmington Hills, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Perform assignments related to the installation, trouble shooting, repair, alteration and maintenance of facility systems. Systems include but are not limited to HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work independently and proficient at installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment at various locations as assigned and as dispatched.
2. Proficient in identifying technical issues and providing solutions to the more complex projects, including costs associated with such, including detailed estimates of labor and materials.
3. Identify and makes recommendations for building improvements to increase energy efficiency, dependability, and performance.
4. Be courteous, neat, clean, and in proper uniform; always representing the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner.
5. Maintain, operate, and secure a company issued vehicle in accordance with Company rules.
6. Report daily activities via web based CMMS work order tracking system.
7. Identify and procure materials required for projects and troubleshoot technical issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
8. Respond immediately to emergency situations including fire, evacuations and equipment failure.
9. Coordinate and follow up with customer regarding any maintenance issues, work orders, or scheduled shut down of equipment for repairs or replacement.
10. Establish & maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
11. Available for after hours scheduled and for emergency maintenance and repair functions.
12. Ensure installations & repairs are in compliance with all applicable local, state & federal codes, regulations, and company directives as relates to building operations.
Job Requirements/Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have minimum of 7 years experience in the service and repair of commercial HVAC equipment including but not limited to packaged rooftop equipment, split systems, air handlers, condensers, pumps, boilers, fans, cooling towers, lighting systems, VFD's etc.
2. This position requires proven prior experience as a Service Technician and the ability to solve the more "high level" technical problems, including but not limited
to; larger tonnage & capacity HVAC equipment (chilled water, DX, hot water, steam), complex systems, automated controls, energy efficient operations, mission critical systems, etc.
3. Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and have knowledge of CMMS software.
4. Possess competent knowledge on the methods, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment.
5. Able to read blueprints and schematics to aid in troubleshooting analysis.
6. EPA 608 Universal Certification required. Candidate will obtain the R-410A certification within 90 days.
7. Experience with pneumatic & DDC controls, and computerized building automation system controls.
8. Must be a professional with strong organizational, communication, planning, and interpersonal skills.
9. 10 hour OSHA Certification desired , other documented proof of safety training is acceptable
10. A mechanical contractor's and/or boiler and refrigeration license is desired.
11. Must possess a valid driver's license.
12. Physical requirements include climbing, stooping, and frequently lifting 50 pounds or more. Ability to safely install and operate rigging and lifting devices.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressFarmington Hills, MI
ConstructionView all jobs at Malace HR