Senior Database Management Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Makwa Global IT seeks to hire a Senior Database Management Specialist in support of a key DISA program. In this role, you will be responsible for securely and correctly monitoring, maintaining, and designing computerized databases. A majority of the job involves creating and modeling databases, meaning the specialist will spend a significant amount of the time collaborating with users to identify the data they need to use, the frequency, what categories they require, and how you can make the process smoother for them. After developing the dataset, you will be responsible for testing it extensively to ensure accuracy. Data troubleshooting, security, backup, and integrity are critical parts of your job.
Manages the development of database projects. Plans and budgets staff and data base resources. When necessary, reallocates resources to maximize benefits. Prepares and delivers presentations on database management systems (DBMS) concepts. Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff.
- Enhances the effectiveness of database tools and services
- Assures that all data complies with legal regulations
- Ensures that information is backed-up, secured, and protected
- Reports regularly to top management teams
- Monitors database performance and improve the technology
- Builds new databases and troubleshoots issues
- Monitors data entry procedures
- All other duties deemed necessary by Makwa Global IT leadership
- BA/BS in a technical or managerial discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in database management
- 2-4 years of experience designing, developing, and producing reports from a database application
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Active Top Secret Clearance
*U.S. citizenship is required
Makwa Global and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicates including minorities, woman, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Makwa Global, LLC
AddressFort Meade, MD
Get fresh Database Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.