Public Relations Specialist
MakerBot Marketing is looking for a Public Relations Specialist with corporate or agency experience to help manage the extensive and fast-paced PR campaigns MakerBot implements around its products and partnerships. We’re looking for someone who loves working in a global environment who has outstanding writing skills (such as public relations and/or journalism writing experience), as well as firsthand media relations experience. The right candidate will report to MakerBot’s PR Manager and be based in Brooklyn, NY.
If you’re passionate about technology and have firsthand consumer or B2B PR experience, this is your chance to be a part of the Next Industrial Revolution with MakerBot!
As Public Relations Specialist, you will:
- assist in developing PR plans and programs around MakerBot products, services and partnerships, and execute on those initiatives.
- write, edit and proofread media materials.
- develop and implement targeted distribution plans; conduct extensive media relations efforts to secure specific coverage; coordinate media interviews with company leadership and spokespeople.
- efficiently manage multiple projects at once and work with the marketing, and product department on all asset needs and communication coordination.
- attend and manage meetings as they relate to PR initiatives.
- help establish goals, measure performance using analytical tools and recommend enhancements.
As Public Relations Specialist, you should have:
- 2-4 years of experience of corporate and/or agency public relations experience.
- a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; experience working with consumer and B2B brands or in the tech field of PR.
- solid understanding and experience with PR tools (databases, monitoring services, etc.).
- excellent writing and editing skills.
- strong multitasking skills and the ability to interact with top company leaders and stakeholders as well as media.
- experience with reporting metrics and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis – as MakerBot will not sponsor applications for work/student visas.
Extra experience counts too!
- Experience with 3D printing, MakerBot or Education PR is a significant plus.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.