HOA & RS Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
HOA & RS Technician
Reports to: HOA Director and Residential Services Directors
Direct reports: TBD
Other key relationships: Across Departments
The HOA/RS Technician will support the HOA and Residential Services department with all things necessary to create an exceptional experience for homeowners, rental guests, and members.
- Performs minor building HVAC, plumbing, drywall, electrical, carpentry, appliance, and painting assessments/repairs in RS homes and in HOA areas at the direction of Residential Services, HOA Director, or Maintenance Manager
- Assist residential services representative with maintaining owner's binders inclusive of all appliance/amenity offerings within each home, including owner's guides and assistance with operating.
- Ensure pre-arrival/post-departure checklists for each home are completed in a timely manner and accurately.
- Always provides exceptional service and communication with homeowners, members, rental guests, and team members.
- Executes member requests promptly and with a professional demeanor.
- Inspects all work to ensure the highest quality of service.
- Meets members/guests upon arrival and departure, assists with luggage and/or grocery deliveries as requested by RS or HOA teams.
- Inspects Beach Cottages, Kula villas, and other Makena homes prior to members/guest arrivals.
- Reports any emergency needs to the RS, HOA Directors, or Maintenance Manager.
- Secures properties upon members'/guests' departure as requested by Residential Services and HOA department heads.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates respect for and appreciation of Hawaiian values, history and culture, understanding its implication in one's work, in fostering meaningful relationships, and in embracing the community served.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience and proven success in a maintenance position for luxury homes or condos. Experience with HVAC, plumbing, drywall, electrical, carpentry, appliance, and painting repairs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays and a shift greater than eight (8) hours in length.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to stay calm and focused during the busiest of times
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; additional languages preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor, and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to deliver service to members, guests, and team members.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate computers.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including, but not limited to, working indoors and outdoors, standing, walking, and moving for periods of greater than four (4) hours, and lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing and pulling
About Discovery Land Company
Founded in 1994 by Michael S. Meldman, Discovery Land Company specializes in building luxury residential private club communities and resorts throughout North America. We have grown to be the premier player in the high-end resort residential niche with 20 world-class projects in our portfolio. Our communities are distinct with their own architectural styles, world-class amenities, and high levels of service. We don't build buildings, but rather we build settings where families can create intergenerational memories and enrich their lives in exquisite and untouched sanctuaries. These settings offer a casual and comfortable sense of community through outstanding clubhouses, premier golf courses, welcoming staff, world-class culinary offerings, and outdoor pursuits. To ease and enrich your experiences, Discovery holds itself to the highest of service standards. Every decision we make is driven by one fundamental objective: to make the time you spend with the people you care about most not merely enjoyable, but memorable.
About Makena Golf & Beach Club
Makena Golf & Beach Club boasts breathtaking ocean views, stunning mountain landscapes, and immaculate crescent-shaped sandy beaches on Maui - one of the most popular island destinations in the world. Discovery Land Company's vision for Makena Golf & Beach Club is guided by the desire to create a community that balances what has come before and new innovations to create a cohesive community. Makena Golf & Beach Club is an exquisite private golf and beach community with over a mile of pristine coastline and acres of ocean-view land that extends from the Pacific Ocean to the mountain on Maui's south shore. Makena will feature Discovery Land Company's unparalleled amenities, acclaimed member services and celebrates Outdoor Pursuits programs to create family memories and experiences like no other in the world.
This job description may not comprise all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required to be performed. Management has the right to change or delete information from the job description at any time without notice. The company is responsible to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the position.
Makena Golf and Beach Club
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?