- $45,000 to $49,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
JOB TITLE: Development Manager (Salaried, Full Time, In-Office)
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Advancement
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL
TERRITORY: North Central Alabama and Central Alabama
JOB SUMMARY: The Development Manager is a vital member of the development team and is responsible for overseeing key chapter events (Birmingham Gala, Golf Tournament), the Birmingham Regional Advisory Council, youth philanthropy programs, and local community-based fundraisers. The manager also holds a portfolio of donors and implements relationship-based development strategies year-round.
BENEFITS (at no cost for employee)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short-Term, Long-Term, Life Insurance
- 401k & 5% match after 1 year
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
SALARY RANGE: mid to high $40,000s
- Plan and implement all aspects of two of the chapter’s fundraising events (Birmingham gala and golf tournament). Primary responsibilities include the following:
- act as primary staff contact for designated special event chairs, setting up subcommittees and timelines, helping to recruit committee members, and keeping the Foundation’s intent and needs as the number one priority.
- collaborate with the marketing team to ensure that each event has attractive marketing materials and receives maximum publicity to assist with increasing attendance and overall community support of the event.
- continually evaluate the progress of events and keep relevant staff and volunteers informed
- develop resource material for event chairs or sub-committee chairs to assist them with tracking, accounting, thank yous, reports, etc.
- track progress toward fundraising goals, and provide updates to the CEO, staff, board, and committees.
- ensure that events and activities are coordinated in accordance with all policies, procedures, and established chapter processes.
- Networks with local businesses to build partnerships.
- Establishes and maintains excellent customer and public relations with individuals, sponsors, and groups.
- Prepares regularly scheduled or special reports accurately and efficiently.
- Oversees the strategic implementation of key external fundraising programs including events produced by local businesses and civic groups, as well as the chapter’s Youth in Philanthropy programs: Kids for Wish Kids® and Youth Leadership Council.
- Manages all aspects of various external campaigns targeted at both new and existing donors.
- Ensures that external events and activities are coordinated in accordance with policies, procedures, and established chapter guidelines.
- Attends donor planning meetings and external fundraising events in order to ensure successful implementation and to nurture and steward donor relationships.
- Serves as chapter liaison to the Birmingham Regional Advisory Council providing leadership and guidance to ensure that the Council meets annual fundraising goals.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of records for external donors/campaigns, including maintenance of donor files and tracking information in the chapter’s database.
- Actively participates in the chapter’s fundraising events and represents the Chapter at special events/public speaking engagements as requested by the VP of Advancement or CEO.
- Networks with members of the local business/philanthropic community to increase awareness for our mission, attract financial support, and identify new initiatives adaptable for our Chapter.
- Establishes and maintains satisfactory customer relations with individuals, sponsors, and groups.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the VP of Advancement or CEO.
- Passion for the Make-A-Wish mission
- Minimum of 2 years successful fundraising experience with demonstrated progressive growth
- Detail-oriented individual with strong leadership skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit; a highly-driven, energetic, detailed individual with a roll-up-the-sleeves, yet disciplined work style
- Demonstrated ability in clear and effective written and oral communication, including excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Motivated and committed individual who can manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to exceed in a deadline and goal-driven environment
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Decisive thinker and someone who will challenge and inspire volunteers and donors to focus on initiatives that will benefit the chapter in the long-term
- Excellent computer skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Graphic design skills a plus (Adobe Suite, Canva, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to manage in-state travel (10-15% of time)
- Willingness to work nights/weekends as necessary (approximately 4-6 weekends annually)
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alabama, Inc.
1 Perimeter S ParkBirmingham, AL
Get fresh Development Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.