Office Administrative Assistant
- Expired: August 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE:
Makai HR is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) started in 2018. We provide local businesses with outsourced HR solutions so that our customers can dedicate their full attention to running their businesses. We are committed to supporting Hawaii's business community with reliable, cost-effective HR solutions backed by an excellent client experience from sales to operations.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We're looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. We want someone to provide support to our managers, employees and customers and that can flex to the needs of the business as Makai HR continues to grow our client base. Duties may include but are not limited to answering calls, managing payroll printing, packaging and distribution, assisting with client mailings, event or meeting planning and creating process or reporting documents. We are looking for a candidate that is a hard-working, self-starter and who posses strong organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and working knowledge of MS Office. This is a full-time position reporting to our offices in downtown Honolulu Monday-Friday 8a-5p HST.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Makai HR is a start-up company. This is an amazing opportunity to take all of your knowledge, administrative experience and positive attitude and put them towards BUILDING something really special. New challenges present themselves every day which means we're constantly learning, building and tweaking processes, and re-defining what success looks like for ourselves. Our environment is dynamic and ever evolving, and for the person seeking change and growth, this might be the perfect place.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 2+ years of customer service experience required
- 2+ years of office administrative experience required
- Patience and empathy to help individuals complete paperwork and answer detailed questions about their account with us
- Ability to work M-F 8a-5p Hawaii Time in our Honolulu office (This is not a remote position)
- Adhere to and exemplify our Core Values: • We've got this • Solutions not problems • Time Matters • Clients Matter • Avoid Drama
- Experience working at a start-up, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service skills
- Must be able to adapt to evolving role, and to take on new challenges as they become delegated to the position
- Passion for creating a warm, welcoming environment in our office
- Technology-literate and savvy with a strong knowledge of CRM software and MS Office
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient and creative problem solver
- 1+ year of payroll experience
WHAT YOUR DAY TO DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- Answer and promptly respond to incoming employee and customer calls
- Performs general administrative duties including preparation of correspondence and documents
- Coordinate payroll printing, packaging and distribution schedule for the office
- Provide support to account management team
- Assist client employees with filling out new hire paperwork in our office
- Independently plan meetings and/or events
- Draft and distribute communication using various office solutions
- Create, prepare and distribute reports
- Support President with scheduling events and managing a calendar
- Organize and maintain data that is focused on objective
- Troubleshoot a variety of topics to support operations and client support
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Be willing to collaborate with other work areas on projects that may come up
- Most importantly, impact our growing business!
737 Bishop StreetHonolulu, HI
BusinessView all jobs at Makai HR