Job Description: As the Controller, you will oversee Makai HR's budget, financials and ongoing proforma. Job duties will include bill reconciliations, setting up & execution of approval and AP SOP's, forecast management, and cash flow management. The Controller will work closely with accounting firms to prepare the company's taxes.
- Ensure the accurate reconciliation of financial accounts
- Manage timely (monthly) closings of the general ledger
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable to ensure all outgoing / incoming payments are accurately processed (strong cashflow management)
- Manage relations with third-party consultants, financial accounting firms, tax advisors, etc.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports and perform other duties as needed
In addition to the duties of a traditional controller, this person must also:
- Work closely with all departments to develop audit processes
- Complete all tasks and duties in a timely manner
- Be willing to complete other related projects and responsibilities that may come up as part of a start-up company
Requirements / Experience
- Able to take initiative to tackle new challenges and responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Tech savvy, willing to learn, and interested in being a part of a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in an unstructured, high-growth environment
- Self-starter with a collaborative attitude and strong time management & problem solving skills
- Experience in a Professional Employer Organization (“PEO”) or adjacent industry (preferred, not required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A team-oriented approach and an ability to enhance company culture
- A solid understanding of accounting and finance fundamentals, including but not limited to cash-flow forecasting, budgeting, business case model development for larger capex expenditures and working capital projections
Who We Are:We’re a well-funded brand-new startup company building something great that will impact and change the way small & medium-sized business do business forever.
We provide competitive compensation packages which include 100% paid employee health care, paid time off and a flexible, collaborative work culture. We are currently looking for talented, passionate, team-oriented professionals to join our startup family. If you’re looking to play a bigger role in building something incredible, please continue reading! Check out our website at www.makaihr.com.