WHO WE ARE:
Makai HR is an innovate, growth company in the HR Administration Industry. As a Professional Employer Organization we provide local businesses with outsourced HR solutions so that our customers can dedicate their full attention to running their businesses. We are committed to supporting Hawaii’s business community with reliable, cost-effective HR solutions.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. We want someone to provide support to our managers, employees and customers and that can flex to the needs of the business as Makai HR continues to grow our client base. Duties may include but are not limited to answering calls, assisting with client mailings, event or meeting planning and creating process or reporting documents. We are looking for a candidate that is a hard-working, self-starter and who posses strong organizational skill. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and working knowledge of MS Office. This is a full-time position reporting to our offices near downtown Honolulu.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Makai HR is a start-up company. This is an amazing opportunity to take all of your knowledge, experience and leadership skills and put them towards BUILDING something really special. New challenges present themselves every day which means we’re constantly learning, building and tweaking processes, and re-defining what success looks like for ourselves. Our environment is dynamic and ever evolving, and for the person seeking change and growth, this might be the perfect place.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• High school graduate
• Prior administrative experience a plus
• Experience working at a start-up, but not required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to adapt to evolving role, and to take on new challenges as they become delegated to the position
• Self-sufficient and creative problem solver
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
WHAT YOUR DAY TO DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
• Answer and promptly respond to incoming employee and customer calls
• Performs general administrative duties including preparation of correspondence and documents
• Independently plan meetings and/or events
• Draft and distribute communication using various office solutions
• Create, prepare and distribute reports
• Organize and maintain data that is focused on objective
• Troubleshoot a variety of topics to support operations and client support
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Be willing to collaborate with other work areas on projects that may come up
• Most importantly, impact our growing business!