Seeking Experienced Architectural / Structural Designer / Drafter
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Major One Construction, Inc. is a Full-Service General Contractor with complete Architectural and Design Services. Our firm seeking a talented, qualified architectural and structural designer-drafter with strong design and organizational skills to join our San Jose, California based office. Our office specializes in residential, and commercial projects. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work efficiently in Revit, AutoCAD, and have a basic knowledge of building codes.
We work on a wide variety of projects and multiple projects are always in rotation, so organizational skills and self-management is a must.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Support the design team in all areas of architectural design, be able to draft conceptual design and presentation, Architectural and structural design drafting, development, construction documentation, construction administration, and permitting and entitlements.
• Have experience contacting and communicating with Cities and Counties. ‘
• Coordinate with consulting, structure engineer, MEP engineers, inspectors, City officials, etc.
• ·Draft full architectural and structural drawing sets in Auto cad or Revit including but not limited to site plans, floorplans, elevations, construction details, shop drawing , as-built measurement ,and as-built drafting.
• · Review building codes for drawing compliance.
• · Coordinate with building departments for permits.
• · Produce, print, collate and review construction drawings.
• · Ability to learn from mistakes.
• · Oversee all design phases including studies, site walks, drafting, redlining, construction administration, and closeouts.
• Produce designs, drafting, 3D models, and renderings.
• Provide support during the construction phase.
• Have the ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Research codes and materials.
· 3 years minimum of full-time experience in an architectural and construction office.
· Architecture, structural or Design degree.
· 3D modeling, visualization & presentation skills.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp and Adobe.
· Proficiency in Microsoft office. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
· Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic skills.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills. Speaking fluent English.
· Must have client management experience.
· Be able to communicate with the construction team and site visits.
· Knowledge of applicable building codes, accessibility, code research, and permit coordination
· Produce and obtain planning and building permits
· Must be able to multi-task and work on several projects at a time
· Must have a positive and can-do attitude
· This is NOT a remote position, must be local to San Jose Area.
· Have a clean driving record and reliable automobile.
· Salary is competitive pay base on commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume to Nina@majoroneco.com
Question: call 408230 9259 Nina Yousefi
Major One Construction
2845 Moorpark AveSan Jose, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Major One Construction