We have an immediate opening for an Administrator in our DC office. The Administrator is responsible for providing administrative and practice support to 3-6 Recruiters. The nature of the support includes, but is not limited to, creating and updating candidate and client records in the MLA Database, scheduling meetings, performing online and database research to identify candidates, reviewing and processing electronic job submissions, managing online files, formatting documents, telephone contact with high level clients and candidates, coordinating contact between recruiters, candidates and clients, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, assisting with special projects, answering phones, and other tasks as assigned. In smaller offices, the Administrator may be seated at the front desk and also perform Receptionist duties.
These essential functions may vary by office, but in general the Administrator will:
- Greet guests, manage deliveries/mail, maintain the conference rooms; assist with copying, faxing, scanning and general filing.
- Create/update candidate, client profiles in MLA Database, monitor database records for errors and redundancies
- Schedule client, recruiter and candidate meetings, interviews, video conferences.
- Perform directed research from MLA Database and the internet.
- Assist recruiters throughout the search process.
- Create/maintain practice specific reference lists for recruiters and produce target list of candidates for recruiters to call.
- Prepare recruiters for client meetings by providing research on the client, company information, directions and marketing materials.
- Monitor local legal market news (via electronic & print resources).
- Review and process website job submissions.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, make/maintain client and candidate files.
- Set-up conference calls and send call invitations on behalf of recruiters.
- Assist recruiters with maintaining their Outlook calendars.
- Assist recruiters with status of candidates in play.
- Transcribe recruiter notes and input in database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a group and have a “team-oriented” approach to projects.
- Very strong computer skills: Outlook (managing folders, managing multiple calendars), Word (extensive formatting, converting from word to .pdf and from .pdf back to word), Excel (formatting, spreadsheets), some PowerPoint.
- Maintain MLA Confidentiality: Safeguard and keep confidential any information, observations, and viewpoints regarding candidates and MLA and client business.
- Demonstrate utmost professional and ethical conduct
- Accountability and Results Orientation
- Job Knowledge
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Self Management
Decision Making Level:
Decision making consists of planning and organizing their work/projects. This position receives regular feedback and direction from Managers and Recruiters.