Industrial Maintenance Technician / Electrician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Level II - $25.00 - $30.00/hour
- Level III - $28.00 - $33.00.hour
- Journeyman Electrician - $32.00 - $36.00/hour
Maintenance Best is looking for multiple Industrial Maintenance Technician II / III / Electricians that can (this is not a Facilities Maintenance position):
· Repair and install advanced production/manufacturing equipment.
· Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance / predictive duties per company / manufacturer's specifications.
· Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and make more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed. Technician III will mentor and provide support to less experienced mechanics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Industrial Maintenance Experience – 3 years minimum
· Strong mechanical & electrical background. Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings), Electrical systems (installation, starters, fuses, contacts, relays, frequency drive, PLC’s), Electronics (drives/VFDs’ etc.), SERVO (intelligent, robotic motors, in-coders, etc.) Hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves), Pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, valves, cylinders, etc.).
· Must comply with all established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of work; including, but not limited to: OSHA regulations, LOTO, hot work permits, confined space entry, arc flash safety, etc.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as, but not limited to, engineering drawings, tool designs, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to perform basic math calculations, proportions, percentages, fractions, circumference etc. in the course of assigned job scope.
· Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System(CMMS) to record maintenance and repairs.
· Reliable and punctual - must adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and forklift and/or scissor lift in performing duties.
· Responds to and corrects equipment stoppage/mechanical breakdown. Troubleshoots (when necessary).
· Knowledge of 3Phase, 48OV, 277V, 24OV, Single Phase 120V, 12V 24Vdc and transformers for equipment and for the facility building.
· Must have experience with troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing PLCs, proximity sensors, and VFDs for production equipment.
· Good communication skills and ability to read, speak, write English (bilingual Spanish helpful)
· Education: 2 year technical degree or relevant experience.
· Knowledge of operation and safe storage practices of ARC and MIG welding equipment to include OXY/ACETYLENE, and PLASMA welding and cutting.
· Set up and operate welders, drill press, grinder, and other metal working equipment
· Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) to increase equipment reliability and up-time.
· Good communication skills and ability to read, speak, write English with peers, management, contractors and vendor s – able to write detailed reports and findings (bilingual Spanish helpful)
· Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate is an asset
· Able to work independently without direct supervision
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs including changing shift schedule, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Required to work an assigned 2-2-3 schedule, 12 hour days or nights 4am - 4pm or 4pm – 4am, this job includes working weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays; working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
· This position involves standing for extended periods is common along with sitting, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, lifting and carrying.
· Excellent hand / eye coordination including manual dexterity in both hands and wrists.
· May involve moving or lifting items up to 50 pounds.
· May be required to use forklift and/or scissor lift, with attachments, company vehicle, various hand tools, various power tools, acetylene torch, plasma cutter, welder, personal computer, copy and fax machine, calculator, and phone.
· Works on the manufacturing floor and the warehouse contains moving equipment and machinery.
Bonus & Benefits available after intro period.
MaintenanceBest - Houston
110 N. 41st Ave. PhoenixPhoenix, AZ
Get fresh Journeyman Commercial Electrician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.