- Posted: over a month ago
- $32 to $39 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are current looking for Maintenance Electricians to join our team in order to support ongoing expansion. This role will ensure optimal technical operation of production machinery and installations by performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing, and systematic improvements. They are also responsible for analyzing and correcting problems and repairing/overhauling electrical equipment and controls. Maintenance Technicians also participate in the development and implementation of technical projects. We are currently hiring for both day and night shifts. Starting pay of $31.50 to $37.00 with full benefits available.
- Effectively troubleshoot, determine causes of failure, and perform corrective actions
- Drive plant control system upgrades
- Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment, PLC components, and appliances by using hand tools and testing instruments
- Inspect and test electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits
- Isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using instruments such as ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters
- Replace faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems as needed, and has the ability to dismantle electrical machinery and replace defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes and armatures
- Test and complete circuits according to blueprint and diagram specifications
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures and inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of existing building and safety codes
- Repair or replace all electrical devices including, but not limited to: breaker panels, motor starters, heaters, fuses, lights, AC drives, motors, electrical switches, etc. – all in accordance with state and federal codes, including company policies and procedures
- Perform construction work such as running conduits, pulling wire, installing switches, breaker panels, etc. – as needed to supply power to plant electrical apparatus
- Maintain a log (work sheet) of equipment repairs and problems. A list of electrical maintenance that needs to be done must also be kept
- 3 - 5 years manufacturing maintenance electrical experience
- Pro-active attitude towards continuous improvement regarding safety, quality and efficiency.
- Technical education with emphasis in Electrical or Automation Controls is preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Must be able to perform duties following all regulatory GMP/FSMA food hygiene practices.
- Experience in maintenance of food or related production equipment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- PLC experience
- Usage of VOM Meter, Megger, AMP Meter and Chart Recorder
- Sound working knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices; AC and DC Electrical Theory; reading/creating electrical prints and control schematics; motor control; personal computer hardware and software; computer networks; pneumatic and hydraulic valves; photo eyes; proximity sensors; limit switches; breakers; fuses
- Basic electric motor repair, electrical construction, trouble shooting skills
- Electrical schematic and blueprint reading skills
- Knowledge of the operation of motor starters and how to rebuild them
- Understanding of AC drive motor controllers
Maintenance Engineering Solutions also provides SME resources in the following areas:
• Maintenance Management, Leadership, Mentorship
• Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
• Maintenance Coordinator
• PM Development and Optimization
• Asset Management
• CMMS Data Audits and Cleanup
• MRO Specialist
• Storeroom Design and Implementation
• Reliability Engineering
• Root Cause Analysis
Maintenance Engineering Solutions
2010 Park Center DrMebane, NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?