Mainstreet Credit Union Lenexa, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why Work for Mainstreet Credit Union?
Because Mainstreet Credit Union has consistently provided stability for employees and members over the span of more than 65 years. Not to mention, Mainstreet Credit Union aims to be the financial home to every member. We continue to strive for a welcoming culture, where our employees are knowledgeable, helpful, and accountable for their position within the team. To achieve this vision, we provide continued training and development opportunities, as well as a friendly environment where members and employees can feel at home. Being a not-for-profit organization, we keep business simple and real. We enjoy sharing in our community, and we always find the most effective way to serve our members and provide full pay and benefits for our employees, even through uncertain times.
In addition to our friendly and welcoming environment, we offer our employees:
- Day-time hours that provide for a healthy work-life balance
- Three weeks of PTO in the first year with a generous annual PTO carryover plan
- A wide variety of insurance options for health, dental, and vision
- 401k with company match
- Company provided life insurance and long-term disability
- Special product perks for employees
Let’s Learn About the Job
In coordination with, and under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the VP Accounting manages the overall operations of the Accounting and Payment Systems departments. Reviews processes, systems and reporting requirements for these departments. Provides support to all staff during peak work periods and staff shortages. Establishes, coordinates and maintains an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the credit union and ensures all accounting processes are in accordance with GAAP and credit union policies and procedures.
· Oversee and manage the financial and accounting functions of the Accounting and Payment Systems departments.
· Evaluate policies and procedures for the accounting department. Recommend changes to the CFO and implement approved changes.
· Responsible for financial analysis of products, departments and branches as directed by the CFO.
· Monitor cost control activities. Implement cost control strategies as directed by CFO.
· Responsible for financial reporting, financial analysis, regulatory reports and forecasting reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Prepare Call reports.
· Prepare monthly board reports.
· Assist CFO with preparation of budgets and periodic analysis of variances.
· Assists with audit and examination preparation.
· Serve as credit union’s liaison with regulatory agency examiners and auditors.
· Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments or changes in services. Keep staff up to date on trends and general credit union information.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a related field or equivalent experience.
· 5 - 7 years of progressive experience within a financial institution required.
· Supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong understanding of business and accounting principles.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products with strong skills in Excel.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, in writing and verbally, with others.
· The ability to learn accounting software packages.
· Ability to meet deadlines in an accurate and efficient manner.
· Well organized with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
· Ability to interact with employees at all levels in the credit union.
· Forward-thinking professional with the ability to grow with the credit union.
· Conceptual knowledge of community financial institution financial statements.
· Ability to use general office equipment.
· Thorough knowledge of banking procedures and regulations as applied to credit unions.
· Regularly required to talk and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Mainstreet Credit Union began in Johnson County over six decades ago as the Northeast Johnson County Teachers’ Credit Union. Over the years, Mainstreet Credit Union has grown its business by expanding to new locations and acquiring smaller credit unions in the Kansas City area. Today, Mainstreet Credit Union has over 60,000 members, 12 branches across 9 cities, and a much shorter name!
Mainstreet Credit UnionWhy Work Here?
Mainstreet Credit Union has consistently provided stability for employees and members over the span of more than 65 years.