Data Systems Engineer
This position oversees the data warehouse, facilitates reports/dashboard requests, educates end users on the BI toolset, and leverages automation to enhance operational efficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and dependent business processes.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Google Cloud 'big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders, including the Executive teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Google Cloud infrastructure.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with financial system(s) reporting and data architecture.
- Building and documenting processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. They are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or by phone.
- Seeing to read and analyze complex data.
- Occasionally required to climb, stoop, or kneel.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Work can be performed in a hybrid fashion, work from home and office environment.
At MainStreet Bank we strive to bring talented, team-oriented individuals on staff to meet and exceed our customers' needs. MainStreet team members enjoy a friendly working environment, opportunity for personal and professional growth, generous benefits and access to resources for improving their well-being.
For more information visit our website at www.mstreetbank.com .
MainStreet Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
22980 Shaw RdSterling, VA
Get fresh Data Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.