Chemical Engineering Intern
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is a solutions-oriented research, development and manufacturing organization founded in 1986. Our mission is to develop and implement emerging technologies into military and private sector products that provide a technological advantage. Areas of expertise include thermal control, energy conversion, power electronics, turbo-machinery, chemical technology and materials science. For more info on our firm, please visit us on the web at www.mainstream-engr.com
We are looking to employ a talented Chemical Engineering Intern/Co-op. As a Chemical Engineering Intern/Co-op, you will report to the Energy Conversion Technology Leader and work closely with other engineers in the Energy Conversion group. Your duties will focus on assisting our engineers with hands-on assembly, testing, analysis, and maintenance of experimental apparatus. You will work closely with a principal investigator on projects related to energy efficiency and/or sustainable energy. Possible projects involve biofuel production, fuel cell manufacturing, geothermal power, fuel processing, and clean combustion.
- Sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student in an ABET accredited Chemical Engineering or related degree program
- U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA of at least 3.3 at all degree levels
- Self-directed and motivated
- Good laboratory and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of test equipment and hand tools
- Knowledge of proper lab safety practices
- Strong mechanical inclination/orientation preferred
- Knowledge of chemical analysis is a plus
How to apply
Interested parties should apply via our career site at:
Mainstream Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting opportunities to and prohibiting discrimination against protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other qualified persons without regard to their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or national origin.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EngineeringView all jobs at Mainstream Engineering