- Posted: over a month ago
Mainspring Management is a fintech venture backed company that is currently looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team. Join us in this fast-paced environment that will allow you the opportunity to grow and rise to the top. We provide comprehensive training and guidance to ensure your success!
We encourage professional development, peer-to-peer learning and celebrate hard work and accomplishments.
Reporting to the CEO, this position will be a key driver and enabler in the development of people, processes, and technology, ensuring data is readily available for management decision making, legal compliance, management, and reporting. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in a fast-growth corporate environment, have built organizations to scale for rapid growth, and have experience in building the financial department. This candidate is not only a strategic thinker who can develop a plan to build a world-class accounting organization but also has the attention to detail and leadership ability to drive change and execute the plan.
The Finance Manager will oversee daily operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives. This individual will be responsible for all accounting operations of subsidiary companies, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements.
- Perform and oversee monthly close procedures, monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Determine and recommend internal accounting and reporting procedures and policies to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure that accounts payable and accounts receivable are recorded and paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that bank reconciliations are completed monthly basis
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Coordinate annual external auditors
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Execute ad hoc projects as needed and prioritized by the CEO
- 5 years experience in Accounting/Finance, with 3 of those years in a management role.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to multitask concurrent priorities in an organized manner.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong excel skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
Mainspring Management LLC
AddressOverland Park, KS
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?