Sous Chef--Luminary Hotel & Co.
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Complex Sous Chef
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Reports to: Executive Chef
The Sous Chef will be responsible for preparing the kitchen for a multitude of tasks including the day-to-day preparation of the meals within the F&B outlets and to continually uphold the standards in accordance to the Luminary Hotel & Co., Mainsail Lodging & Development, and Marriott brand standards.
- Day-to-day managing of the Ella Mae’s Diner and IRD kitchen staff.
- Scheduling of Ella Mae’s Diner and IRD kitchen staff.
- Basic vegetable prep to include peeling, slicing, dicing, and portioning.
- Basic and advanced sauce prep to include stocks, salad dressings, vinaigrettes, and emulsifications.
- Butchering - processing whole poultry, fish, and primal cuts of larger animals.
- General cleaning and supervision to include equipment, floors, walls, coolers, and freezers.
- Dishwashing - all Ella Mae’s Diner and IRD kitchen team members wash dishes.
- Line cooking – working alongside and with the cooks under your supervision.
- Plating dishes - presenting food for guests to the Executive Chef’s specifications for the outlet.
- Expediting - assisting chefs in directing the flow of service from the kitchen to the dining room.
- Demonstration and Station cooking - assisting Ella Mae’s Diner chefs and guest chefs with presentations, reception station, action stations, and The Workshop Culinary Lab.
- Assist with banquet plate ups, presenting food for guests to the Executive Chef’s specifications as needed.
- Ability to do daily food/supply orders and set prep for the team.
- Ability to understand and communicate kitchen orders.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively while giving direction to the entire team.
- Ability to perform all functions in the kitchen and assist where needed.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work long hours standing over hot equipment and surfaces.
- Ability to work as a team in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of different cooking recipes and all kitchen equipment.
- Able to make outstanding quality food.
- Follow SafeStaff sanitary compliance throughout every area working in the kitchen.
- Follow all safety procedures including knife safety.
- Restock clean dishes, flatware, and all cooking equipment to the appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain the kitchen work area in an orderly and clean condition.
- Follow proper hand washing and sanitary procedures.
- Stock supplies for the kitchen in specified locations and maintain area in order.
- Supervise, sort, and remove trash and clean the garbage cans daily.
- Maintain trash area and place in the proper area for pickup.
- Assist with loading and unloading food deliveries and supplies as needed.
- Maintain a professional presentable uniform and personal grooming as dictated by Luminary Hotel guidelines.
- Able to effectively communicate with the team daily.
- Maintain a sense of ownership for the hotel/restaurant.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or Director of Food & Beverage.
- Ensure successful performance by providing guests with an exceptional dining experience.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Minimum of 2 years experience in high volume Diner or Fast Casual restaurant and/or Luxury Hotel
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to use knives and kitchen machinery safely and effectively
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. or more when needed
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Ability to work with others in a high-demand kitchen
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the kitchen, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
NOTICE: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shifts as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Mainsail Lodging & Development is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law. Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
Mainsail Lodging & Development
AddressFort Myers, FL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?