Front Office Manager - Eagle Mountain House
About Eagle Mountain House
Surrounded by the nearly 800,000-acre White Mountain National Forest, Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club is a haven for visitors seeking the outdoor bliss of mountain life. The historic 1879 resort is located near the attractions, shops and restaurants of Jackson, New Hampshire, and features relaxing accommodations with garden, mountain or river views. The signature and award-winning Eagle Landing Tavern brings a local twist to classic comfort foods, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. A Historic Hotel of America, the 19th-century hotel embraces New England’s four seasons with year-round activities. In addition to its own 9-hole golf course, the lodge is convenient to the area’s best outdoor adventures from hiking and kayaking, to fishing, zipline tours and the best cross-country skiing in the eastern US.
From the historic details in the hotel to the cascading Wildcat River falls, Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club is also prized as one of the most picturesque wedding venues in the White Mountains. The hotel offers more than 5,000 square feet of unique, flexible function space, including the newly renovated Carriage House. With natural light, a large semi-covered private patio and other amenities, the Carriage House is an ideal setting for corporate meetings and events, as well as weddings, anniversaries, elegant dinners, and other celebrations.
The Front Office Manager will be responsible for day to day Front Office operations including the staff of Front Desk, Night Audit, Valets operations and PBX operator. Ensures the Front Desk staff provides exemplary service to all hotel guests to deliver a memorable guest experience.
**Please note, Mainsail is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening, to include a background test and drug screen, is required for all candidates offered a position.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction and follows up on all guest issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Proficient in hotel property management systems including but not limited to Oracle Hospitality, Lightspeed or OPERA PMS.
- Leads staff by example while managing and motivating front desk personnel.
- Process guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Coordinates the pre-arrival process to ensure guest needs of transportation, airport transfers, room assignments, special requests, and billing requirements are met per hotel standard.
- Maintains guest confidentiality.
- Develops and implements the guest arrival experience to provide a unique and memorable hotel welcome.
- Develops and implements mobile check-in arrival experience utilizing Hospitality Platform INTELITY Guest Mobile App.
- Strong communication with other departments (e.g., Engineering, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest calls, requests, or issues.
- Responds to guest requests or feedback and takes action to address all Front Desk issues.
- Utilizes all functions of Marriott’s GXP platform
- Ensures full compliance of Marriott Brand standards and the passing of department Quality Assurance items.
- Trains and encourages staff to embody hotel culture and provide guests with the hotel’s story.
- Recognizes and communicates to team any hotel VIPs and provides extra touches when warranted.
- Empower Front Desk staff to act and resolve guest issues to the best of their ability.
- Provide local information for shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Receive, store, and deliver luggage and mail/packages.
- Responsible for ensuring guest credit is procured and all accounting procedures are followed by Front Desk staff. Resolves guest accounting issues as needed.
- Respond to guest inquiries.
- Provides ongoing training and feedback to staff via monthly department meetings, performance reviews, and one-on-one sessions.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions and act as needed, complete safety training and certifications.
- Completes Front Desk schedule per labor guidelines and ensures that all shifts are covered in the event of staff call-offs.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room.
- Ensures Front Desk staff adheres to hotel grooming guidelines.
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
- Manages departmental profit and loss statement in compliance with operating budget
- Any other duties requested by management.
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience.
Education & Experience
- 2-year associates degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 2 years Hotel Front Desk managerial experience
- Excellent phone & customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend
- Ability to lift, pull 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Corrected vision to normal range
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Mainsail Lodging & DevelopmentJackson, NH
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.