Systems Engineer, Air Operations Center 11681
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mainsail Group has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to provide support to the Air Operations Center (AOC) program, which is within the Digital Directorate and located at Langley AFB, VA.
JOB STATUS: Full time, salaried
- Supports and advises the government to ensure delivered capabilities are integrated in a manner which support operational and technical requirements and scheduled deliveries.
- Performs engineering duties that encompass the entire AOC life cycle by monitoring for hardware or software that is nearing the end of its useful life or to advocate for the advancement of new technologies
- Initiate and monitor changes that add, upgrade, or remove capabilities and/or maintain or increase the lifecycle and security posture of systems.
- Recommend and oversee Engineering Change Request (ECR) technical solutions.
- Collaborate with 3rd Party product providers to keep track of program goals, anticipate the release of new versions, understand changes within versions, delivery schedules, and technical issues that affect functionality or delivery
- Collaborate with all functional areas to keep track of program goals, anticipate the release of new versions, understand changes within versions, delivery schedules, and technical issues that affect functionality or delivery
- Coordinate and manage the team responsible for sustaining the Configuration Management Implemented Native Tool (CMINT), Air Operations Center Queues for Issue Resolution and Answers (AQIRA) and Enterprise Data Suite (EDS) tools
- Gather and track the status and progress of the Configuration Management Implemented Native Tool (CMINT) which creates, manages and tracks the Engineering Change Request (ECRs), --- Request for Variance (RFVs), Engineering Change Notification (ECNs) and Work Authorizations (WAs).
- Recommend and oversee system and software engineers responsible for the AOC 10.1 data workflow, data integrity and centralized applications supporting the EDS-U and EDS-S
- Manage and coordinate with AQIRA team responsible for providing all AOC sites a secure system to submit incidents and other JIRA service desk related tickets
- Provides direction and oversight to Tier 2 Help Desk personnel on trouble tickets received from the field and elevate as needed
- Present, support, and provide advice on proposed aspects of system changes to working groups and review boards
- Prepare briefings and technical assessments, and advise review boards for proposed changes, as required
- Participate in test events, attend meetings, working groups, and conferences, as required
- Analyze and document risk associated with AOC Tools and Assets Team and provide recommendations to government leadership
- Provide assistance and oversight of the AOC & AOCSPO DI2E environment and their associated data, structure, and permissions
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active US Secret clearance
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- BA/BS degree, and 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD.
- Experience in Jira Service Desk
- Experience as Jira / Confluence Administrative Roles
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment with an adaptive personality.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills - both oral and written - and possess analytical skills to identify and fault isolate problems/issues, accurately assess relevance of information, generate and evaluate alternatives, and provide solution recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud-based architecture is required.
MAINSAIL GroupWhy Work Here?
Fast growing government contracting technology company!
MAINSAIL Group is located in Boston, MA and Washington, DC. We leverage our extensive operational expertise and technical knowledge to provide best-in-class solutions to our customers. Our specialized services support offices across the Defense Department and Department of Veterans Affairs delivering Program Management, Software Development, Systems Engineering, C4ISR Systems Acquisition, Strategic Planning, Agile methodologies and more. MAINSAIL Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.