Mainsail Group has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Manager with experience providing financial planning support for Air Force Programs. This position is located at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, MA.
SECURITY CLEARANCE/LEVEL REQUIRED
Assist, prepare, develop and deliver compliant documents in support of a variety of financial management activities. These will incude Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Executing (PPBE), Program Types (US, FMS, etc.) and tracking data. These documents will be in accordance with all current and future fiscal and appropriation law and policy. Apply knowledge of financial management and accounting functions, processses and techniques to gather, analyze, evaluate and present the information required by program or project managers and customers. Prepare program budgets, reports and financial documentation. Help develop solutions to problems relating to improvement of financial management effectiveness, work methods, financial systems, procedure efficiency. Participate in budget forecasting, variance identification and analysis, program finance execution reporting and reviews, and schedule analysis. Provide recommendations to the program office on all matters relating to budget, schedule or EVM. Use automated management information systems for fact finding, analytical and advisory functions.
Assist, prepare, and deliver budget and financial analyses and execution documentation - including obligations and expenditure forecasting and tracking data. Additional duties include:
- Advise and assist with the development of program-specific funds management documentation, and assist in the execution of automated models and control techniques to aid decision making. This includes generating funding, forecasting, programming, and budget information and documentation using applicable databases and software.
- Prepare and develop financial input to various events such as Budget Execution Reviews (BER), Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR), Milestone Decision Reviews (MDR), Monthly Activity Reports (MAR), Program Management Reviews (PMR) and Risk Assessments.
- Draft financial data documentation for submission to the Government financial lead. This includes Procurement Documents (P-DOCS), Research Test Development and Evaluation Documents (R-DOCS), and Program Objective Memorandums (POM).
- Provide the status of approved, deferred and released funds using new or existing organizational formats.
- Identify, prepare, and assist with the correction of posting errors in financial records.
- Draft a variety of funding documents in support of organizational programs such as Purchase Requests (PRs), Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MJPRs), and project orders.
- Generate, maintain and document an independent audit trail to track, record, and report the status of each funding document to ensure proper use of all funds (active, expired, and cancelled). Submit to the Government financial lead for review and approval.
- Generate and deliver a quick turnaround "what-if" funding drill and data retrieval analysis
- Maintain a soft copy of the monthly Delivery Order Status Reports (DOSRs) and Customer Usage Fee Check Reports (CCRs) for program analysis
- Support internal and external requirements management by validating sales reports, collecting and tracking revenue, developing sales and revenue projections, budget projections, revenue collection from contract vendors, assistance in processing travel orders, and generating finacially-related metric reports.
- Monitor, report and maintain the reimbursable budget program
- Perform research and analysis using a variety online query systems and tools. For example - CRIS, WAWF, and CCaRS
- Maintain the financial database (in MS Access), input financial and contracting data, and extract ad-hoc reports.
Possess the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized abilitiy to be considered an expert in the field, and have the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel. Possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in the discipline.
MA/MS in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 12 years of experience, 5 of whch must be within the DoD; or
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 15 years of experience, 5 of which must be within the DoD; or
- 20 years of related experience with proper certifications; 8 years of which must be within the DoD
- High proficiency with computer software applications, including MS Office.
- Expert attention to detail and highly organized.
- Familiarity with the following Air Force Systems: CRIS, WAWF, and CCaRS
Why Work Here?Mainsail Group is located in Boston, MA and Washington, DC. We leverage our extensive operational expertise and technical knowledge to provide best-in-class solutions to our customers. Our specialized services support offices across the Defense Department and Department of Veterans Affairs delivering Program Management, Software Development, Systems Engineering, C4ISR Systems Acquisition, Strategic Planning, Agile methodologies and more.
Fast growing technology company!