Mainsail Group is Looking for an experienced Configuration Manager to join the Survivable Airborne Operations Center (SAOC) Team at Hanscom AFB. AFLMC/HBJ is the government program office leading the SAOC effort, which is tasked with leading the development and delivery of the replacement fleet for the E-4B National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC). The assigned Configuration Manager will work in direct support of government engineers and program managers through the acquisition cycle of the program.
LOCATION: Hanscom AFB, MA
JOB STATUS: Full time
- Provide Configuration Management (CM) of relevant SAOC program artifacts, as well as archive appropriate acquisition documentation
- Review and analyze the Development/Sustainment Contractor’s CM program and data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance
- Maintain CM files including configuration identification, change control, and status accounting records, and implement CM plans that will support the development of the SAOC fleet
- Record Configuration Control Board (CCB) approved changes, and participate in cross-functional change control boards to evaluate proposed changes; and review the CCB membership list for currency and completeness
- Review and analyze proposed changes to ensure operational and sustainment capabilities are not adversely affected by the changes
- Support Engineering Assessments, and prepare for, conduct, and/or support major audits such as Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) and Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs)
- Record and maintain assessment and audit findings, minutes, and action items.
- Report the Development/Sustainment Contractor’s data delivery status, and support pre- and post-contract award data reviews
- Review and analyze of the Development/Sustainment Contractor’s conformance to CDRL requirements
- Participating in Program Office Working groups and other meetings to provide input to aircraft communications needs for the program
- Must have progressive experience in managing configuration of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable government ownership of the program technical baseline
- Secret (minimum); Top Secret (preferred)
- Minimum: BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in configuration management of technology development, 5 of which must be in the DoD; or 20 years of experience in a technical configuration management discipline, 8 of which must be in the DoD.