The Outpatient Pharmacy at Maine Medical Center is currently offering a $500 SIGN-ON BONUS to qualified candidates for all full time shifts! There are countless opportunities for growth and career development within the MaineHealth family. MaineHealth offers an incredible benefits package:
•Supplemental Insurances such as Vision, Dental, Disability, etc.
•Generous Paid Time Off
•Paid Parental Leave for Birth and Adoptive Parents
• Free Public Transit! We offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our Commuter Choice program is designed to support employee transportation needs, reduce traffic congestion, and improve air quality in the greater Portland region.
Please note that this position is also open to entry level candidates without Pharmacy Tech experience!
Pharmacy Technicians are essential members of the pharmacy team at Maine Medical Center, providing support for multiple facets of the pharmacy, including exceptional customer service. The Pharmacy Technician II is a proficient pharmacy technician who has at least six months of experience as a pharmacy technician/intern at Maine Medical Center or one year of experience as a pharmacy technician at an external pharmacy. A Pharmacy Technician I will automatically advance to a Pharmacy Technician II once all criteria are met. A Pharmacy Technician II assists the pharmacist by preparing and distributing medications, maintaining drug inventory and pertinent patient records. A Pharmacy Technician II also identifies opportunities for improvement in work processes and actively contributes to the implementation of improvement efforts. Additionally, Pharmacy Technician II will perform other related and assigned duties.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience as a pharmacy technician at Maine Medical Center or one (1) year of experience as a pharmacy technician at an external pharmacy department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred.
- Associates Degree is preferred.
- PTCB certificate is preferred.
- Currently licensed as a pharmacy technician in the State of Maine or currently eligible consistent with the current State of Maine Board of Pharmacy requirements.
- Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of all patients.
Sign-On Bonus Terms: The bonus is paid out in two payments; 50% in the first pay period and 50% is paid out in the first pay period after 6 months of employment. Current MaineHealth employees are not eligible for the Sign-on Bonus. Former employees must be separated from the MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.