- Posted: over a month ago
Excellent opportunity to live and work in scenic, coastal Maine, with a friendly, close and collaborative team, in a 20,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facility that is fully equipped with the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment!
Come join our fantastic team at Maine Veterinary Medical Center, a Level One VECCS certified hospital! We are looking for an experienced Emergency Veterinarian to provide care for our patients, including intake and triage, outpatient procedures, and client communication. We are looking for outstanding doctors who have the flexibility for overnight and weekend shifts and want to be part of a large and supportive team of doctors, specialists, and support staff.
- Diagnose and treat diseases and injuries of pets; primarily dogs and cats
- Examine animals to determine the nature of disease or injury and treat animals surgically or medically
- Communicate with referring veterinarians
- Advise animal owners about sanitary measures, feeding, and general care to promote the health of animals
- Participate in ongoing education, seminars, and training as appropriate
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree in good standing
- 2 + years of experience practicing veterinary medicine in an emergency setting is preferred
- Completion of a rotating or emergency internship is also preferred
- Ability to attain Maine Veterinary License
Maine Veterinary Medical Center (MVMC) is a VECCS level one certified Rarebreed practice, located in Scarborough, Maine. MVMC’s 20,000 sq ft, state of the art facility, with manicured landscaping, a generous fenced in yard and walking trails won the 2010 Hospital Design People's Choice Award and has been featured in many hospital design advertisements. MVMC has full in-house lab capabilities, a fluoroscopy suite for interventional procedures, a helical 16 slice CT, MRI, digital radiography, in-house telemetric monitoring, ultrasound, advanced surgical procedures, and endoscopy. MVMC employs 4 neurologists, 4 internists, 3 surgeons, 2 oncologists, 5 criticalists, an ophthalmologist, a rehabilitation veterinarian and a great team of emergency clinicians to offer advanced services to our client base.
Scarborough is located on the coast just outside of Portland. Scarborough offers lovely sandy beaches and the rocky coastline made famous by a local artist, Winslow Homer. Scarborough Public Schools is a top-rated, public school district. Portland: the largest city in the state of Maine is just a few miles away. Portland was ranked # 5 on CNBC’s list of hottest job markets in the US in 2020 and is the only US destination listed as a must-visit in 2020 By Conde Nast! It was also ranked in the top 25 Best Places to Live by US News and World Report and ranked on Money Magazine’s list of 100 best places to live in 2019. As for the food scene, Portland was named the 2018 restaurant city of the year by Bon Appetit magazine! With an abundance of local businesses, restaurants, art galleries, parks, theaters and a strong boating and fishing community, Portland offers a unique opportunity to experience the quintessential Maine coast, as well as an urban sophistication. Live and work in Vacationland!
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. Afterall, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
What else do we have to offer?
At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (or opt-out incentive)
- Company-paid 3% 401(k) contribution
- Generous paid time off to ensure work/life integration
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Pet Care discounts for your family pets at our clinics
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
- MVMC offers additional perks such as hydrotherapy massage and a social lounge
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background checks.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/
Maine Veterinary Medical Center
AnimalView all jobs at Maine Veterinary Medical Center