Board Certified Oncologist
- Posted: over a month ago
Sign-on and relocation bonus eligible!
Potential opportunity for hospital ownership (equity or profits interest)!
Excellent opportunity to live and work in scenic, coastal Maine, with a friendly, close and collaborative team, in a 20,0000 sq ft state of the art facility, that is fully equipped with the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment!
The Veterinary Oncologist will be responsible for the treatment and care of patients with a variety of oncologic disease. This encompasses supporting the ER team at the hospital as well as the local referring veterinary community. This can be a full or part time position that will be joining an established Oncology team as the third Oncologist.
- Provide high quality Oncology care to a wide client base
- Answer client questions and concerns and educate clients regarding their pet’s oncologic care, treatment options and end of life care
- Oversight and direction of oncology medical standards and quality of care
- Establishment of oncologic medical protocols in conjunction with DVM staff
- Participates in ongoing education, seminars, and training as appropriate
- Works with veterinary team (other specialists, ER Dept) and referring veterinary community to provide excellent patient care
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree or equivalent
- Board Certified or Board Eligible Veterinary Oncologist
- Ability to attain a Maine Veterinary License
Maine Veterinary Medical Center (MVMC) is a VECCS level one certified Rarebreed practice, located in Scarborough, Maine. MVMC’s 20,000 sq ft, state of the art facility, with manicured landscaping, a generous fenced in yard and walking trails won the 2010 Hospital Design People's Choice Award and has been featured in many hospital design advertisements. MVMC has full in-house lab capabilities, a fluoroscopy suite for interventional procedures, a helical 16 slice CT, MRI, digital radiography, in-house telemetric monitoring, ultrasound, advanced surgical procedures, and endoscopy. MVMC employs 3 neurologists, 4 internists, 3 surgeons, 2 oncologists, 5 criticalists, an ophthalmologist, a radiologist, a rehabilitation veterinarian and a great team of emergency clinicians to offer advanced services to our client base.
Scarborough is located on the coast just outside of Portland. Scarborough offers lovely sandy beaches and the rocky coastline made famous by a local artist, Winslow Homer. Scarborough Public Schools is a top-rated, public school district. Portland: the largest city in the state of Maine is just a few miles away. Portland was ranked # 5 on CNBC’s list of hottest job markets in the US in 2020 and is the only US destination listed as a must-visit in 2020 By Conde Nast! It was also ranked in the top 25 Best Places to Live by US News and World Report and ranked on Money Magazine’s list of 100 best places to live in 2019. As for the food scene, Portland was named the 2018 restaurant city of the year by Bon Appetit magazine! With an abundance of local businesses, restaurants, art galleries, parks, theaters and a strong boating and fishing community, Portland offers a unique opportunity to experience the quintessential Maine coast, as well as an urban sophistication. Live and work in Vacationland!
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. Afterall, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
We don’t want to offer you a job, we want to offer you a career! Supporting our employees' career goals is one of the many ways we're committed to employee happiness. This is why we have partnered with Penn Foster – to offer our employees access to career-focused programs through the Penn Foster Veterinary Academy Program at a Rarebreed discounted rate!
What else do we have to offer?
At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (or opt-out incentive)
- Company-paid 3% 401(k) contribution
- Generous paid time off to ensure work/life integration
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Pet Care discounts for your family pets at our clinics
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
- MVMC offers additional perks such as hydrotherapy massage and a social lounge
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background checks.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/
Maine Veterinary Medical Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Maine Veterinary Medical Center