Assistant Director of Facilities
- Posted: over a month ago
The Assistant Director of Facilities provides system-wide leadership and guidance for proper environmental care and services of Maine Veterans' Homes seven (7) facilities. Provides a safe, functional, sanitary, and comfortable environment and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. The Assistant Director, under the guidance of the Facilities Director, is the liaison with architects, engineers, contractors, and material and equipment suppliers; oversees capital projects, maintenance, and related activities; and participates in the negotiations for service contracts and supply agreements for major equipment and utilities. The Assistant Director assists in the development of the annual capital budget and is responsible for the development and implementation of the Life Safety, Utility Management, and Emergency Preparedness Plans. This position works closely the MVH Senior Purchasing Coordinator.
Maine Veterans' Homes offers competitive wages and a customizable benefits package. Options include employer-contributed medical, dental and vision, company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability, supplemental insurance options including life and accident, dependent and medical flexible spending accounts, participation in the Maine Public Employee's Retirement System, 403(b) plan with employer match, generous earned benefit time, continuing education opportunities and tuition loan assistance, robust wellness incentive program, and several employee discounts and programs available through payroll deduction.
Who We Are:
Maine Veterans' Homes is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to serving Maine's veterans and families. Our vision is to be the Provider and Employer of Choice while recognizing our special role as a Veteran Advocate, and "Caring for Those Who Served." All six of our facilities have been recognized by the American Health Care Association with awards for Achievement in Quality, placing them in the top five percent of nursing homes across the nation.
Maine Veterans' Homes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in engineering, construction or maintenance preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of large, multi-facility management experience to include: budget development and administration, maintenance and repair work, carpentry, masonry, electrical, plumbing, painting, grounds keeping, housekeeping and laundry functions; and operation, repair and preventive maintenance on boilers, heating and ventilation systems, fire alarm systems, and emergency and suppression systems.
- Must be knowledgeable in building codes and safety regulations.
- Experience in a nursing home environment preferred.
- Must possess a current and valid State of Maine driver's license in good standing.
Maine Veterans' Homes
BusinessView all jobs at Maine Veterans' Homes