Experienced Housekeeper (Seasonal)
Maine Tourism Staffing Solutions Kennebunk, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $18 Hourly
Experienced Housekeeper (seasonal)
The Inn at English Meadows, a luxury Bed & Breakfast Inn located in Kennebunk Lower Village, is seeking an experienced seasonal Housekeeping Team Member who is READY TO WORK NOW to join our staff through October. BONUS PROGRAM: : All staff members who have worked at least 30 days by the end of October will be eligible for our end of the year bonus given in December.
Although this is a seasonal position, there may be opportunities to pick up some hours through the winter and there's always an opportunity for seasonal employees who have done a great job for us to return in the spring.
The inn has 11 guest rooms and suites and a 2-bedroom cottage on the property. Hours are 8 to 3 with a paid 30 minute on-site lunch-break and two 15-minute breaks. Weekends are required, with some scheduling flexibility from week to week.
Our Housekeepers are a very important part of our guest experience. Our housekeeping team does their work so meticulously that that the Inn's cleanliness and attention to detail are often mentioned in guest reviews. If you're someone who cares about results and making a positive difference where you work, please read on...
You'll never be bored here because there are so many different things you may be doing from day to day. Duties include:
- Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning and disinfecting guest rooms, bathrooms and common areas, including entryways, kitchen floors and other areas
- Laundering sheets, towels and kitchen linens, from treating and removing stains to folding and ironing linens using a rotary iron (happy to train you if you've never operated one!)
- Dishwashing and other cleaning up after breakfast service
- Housekeepers also remove trash, recycling and kitchen compost daily and make sure supply closets, storerooms, guest rooms and refrigerators are stocked and refilled as needed
- Possibility for light gardening work, such as watering beds and containers and weeding herb, vegetable and flower gardens.
- As a seasonal Housekeeper, you will interact with guests occasionally so your ability to offer a smile and a friendly hello, or a quick friendly response to a question will reflect well on you and on our business.
We all work hard here, and we also like to laugh and have fun. If you are someone who has a passion for cleaning, an eye for detail, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic, we would love to speak with you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary/Seasonal
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on experience
Following Maine & CDC Guidelines, Non-vaccinated guests & staff must wear masks in all public areas of the Inn. Easy to maintain 6' distance even when working in the same area. Outside picnic table available for lunch breaks. COVID Vaccine encouraged.
Please email Innkeeper@englishmeadowsinn.comor call Elizabeth Arruda at 207-967-5766
Maine Tourism Staffing Solutions
HousekeepingView all jobs at Maine Tourism Staffing Solutions