Our client located in Scarborough is looking for an experienced Medical Billing/Patient Accounts Rep for their busy medical facility. The rate of pay is $16-$17/hr depending on experience. The hours during training are 8-4:30 and then after will be 8:30-5, Monday - Friday.
* This employer does require a mandatory drug screen and background check*
The Patient Accounts Representative is responsible for billing for hospice services. This includes benefit verifications, claim generation, account follow-up, and payment posting, and follows regulations required by the agency or insurance payors.
· Education: High School Diploma and/or GED required. College degree preferred.
· Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience with medical billing and electronic medical record experience required and/or an equivalent medical billing certification. Experience working in a customer service environment required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel required. Basic Accounting knowledge required.
· License/Certification: Valid driver’s license with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or agency requirements and is in good working order.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Performs Medicare, MaineCare, commercial and private pay billing, account follow-up, and payment posting functions, which include:
· Completes benefit verifications
· Generates paper and electronic bills timely.
· Monitors account receivable balances and manages account follow-up to ensure timely payments. This includes working with insurance companies and patients/families, and proposing accounts for write-off as per policy.
· Works with Social Workers/staff to process applications for financial assistance
· Audits intermittently patient records to assess completeness of documentation to support billing.
· Posts payments in EMR and reconciles reports and data with other members of the finance team to assure accurate accounting in both the EMR and the bookkeeping system.
· Collaborates with clinical staff, patients and insurers to obtain complete and accurate billing information to process claims accurately.
· Develops and maintains various practice management, billing, financial reports and spreadsheets, by utilizing a variety of computer software programs (ie., McKesson, Microsoft Office, Cyma, etc.)
· Provides additional administrative tasks to support the Clinical Departments by:
· Facilitating the creation of one-time contracts for equipment and/or supplies
· Communicating with vendors and patients/families as needed for unusual supply and service needs.
· As needed, distributes incoming invoices to the appropriate person(s) for review and authorization; reviews proper billing amounts per contract arrangements; organizes and prepares batches of invoices for cyclic bookkeeping activity; and maintains patient-related expense accruals.
· As needed, reviews patient records for appropriate authorization of medical equipment, supplies, and patient-related purchased services as needed in order to maintain full accuracy of bills.