Our client is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant for their busy medical office. The right candidate must have completed a Medical Assisting certificate program or 2-year associate's degree in medical assisting. The pay rate is $17-$18/per hour depending on experience, with the hours of Monday - Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.