Eyewear Consultant/Optician - Gorham/Saco Float
Maine Optometry Saco, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
We are a growing, multi-location practice in Southern Maine looking for a full-time Eyewear Consultant/Optician to deliver exceptional and professional customer service at our Gorham and Saco locations. Interested candidates must have a strong work ethic and an attitude to succeed.
We offer a competitive starting salary, generous incentive pay, a 401K retirement plan, health insurance, paid vacation time, and more. The communities in Maine that we practice in offer a quality of life to include camping, hiking, fishing, skiing, golf, and boatingSummary
The Optician delivers an exceptional patient experience and helps establish Maine Optometry as the primary destination for all vision needs within the community. Creates value in the lives of patients by delivering exceptional customer service and perfect high-quality eyewear which exceeds our patients’ expectations.Essential Functions
- Greets all patients with a warm welcome & ensures they know what to expect. Shows urgency in providing service to patients & satisfying their needs.
- Custom fits glasses & precisely inspects eyewear.
- Acts as a leader in optical acumen
- Takes & records measurements, adjusts or fits eyewear correctly, thorough & exact in detail; ensures finished eyewear meets standards & patient requirements.
- Explores the needs & priorities of customers by asking open-ended questions.
- Is attentive to details, asks follow-up questions for clarity, reads verbal/non-verbal cues; reviews prescriptions & identifies special needs, consults with Optometrists as needed.
- Assists co-workers with difficult or complex areas of product needs & prescriptions.
- Performs work accurately & thoroughly utilizing all technology despite time pressure & patient volume. Demonstrates superior product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features & benefits of various lenses & frames using appropriate tools. Reinforces patients’ final selection.
- Anticipates problems; explores underlying reasons for patients’ issues; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems & ensures patients are satisfied & expectations are exceeded. Acts quickly for resolution. Partners with management as necessary.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task, prioritizes & manages time with competing priorities.
- Commits to delivery date & time of expected eyewear
- Presents, explains & educates at dispense.
- Takes pride in office appearance, shows initiative to keep frame boards clean, attractive & organized.
- Informs management of safety opportunities; demonstrates safe work practices.
- Possesses a “can do” spirit & strong drive for exceptional customer service; self-motivated with a desire for continual learning & improvement.
- Maintains and demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights under HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintains regular in-person attendance
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- ABO Certification preferred but not required
- Optical dispensing experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills: communicator, listener & team builder
- Knowledge of current optical frame styles & trends
- Strong basic math skills
- Familiarity with OfficeMate a plus
- Embrace new technology & change
- Previous customer service & retail experience
HealthcareView all jobs at Maine Optometry