Please submit a Resume and Cover letter for this position
Maine Eye is northern New England's largest practice of eye physicians and surgeons.
At Maine Eye the Ophthalmic Technician performs a variety of tasks under the direction of the pediatric ophthalmologists with whom they work. Conducting initial patient interviews, collecting data that relate to the condition of the patients’ health and ocular conditions, assisting the ophthalmologists in treating the patients, and assist in scheduling surgery.
One year work experience in a medical practice.
Qualified candidates should have prior experience as Medical Assistant, Ophthalmic Technician, Optometric Technician, or Clinical Assistant.
- Ability to learn and follow organizational policies and procedures.
- Must enjoy working with children
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to establish, and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and possess problem-solving skills.
- Professional communication with internal and external contacts and patients.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment is essential.
- Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
No nights/weekend or holidays! Eleven paid holidays! Vision / Health / Dental / Life / 401K / Profit Sharing and more....
Maine Eye offers a competitive benefit package including paid vacations, medical, dental, disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; 401k with a company match and a profit sharing plan.
Our employees enjoy an excellent working environment with no weekends/holidays or on-call coverage required. We also offer discounts on eye care exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses to employees and their families.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certified Nurses Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant
COA or COT preferred.
Two locations, both conveniently located off Interstate 295 in Portland.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE