Come join us in our team in our new state of the art ASC. We do not work nights or weekend.
Summary: The certified surgical technologist will work with the registered nurse, physician, and anesthesiologist to maintain a safe surgical environment for the patient during their surgical stay at the Maine Eye Center. The certified surgical technologist should have a good working knowledge of the procedures being performed, practice good aseptic technique, and be able to anticipate the surgeon’s needs. The certified surgical technologist reports to the ASC Director. We are hiring for both Full Time and Per Diem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Preparation of the operating room for the surgery scheduled, including opening the sterile packs, instruments, and supplies, and assuring that a sterile environment is maintained.
2. Provide the surgeon with supplies and instrumentation needs during the procedure.
3. Maintain basic BLS certification
4. Contribute to the quality improvement program.
- Minimum of three years of CST experience
- Knowledge of organizational policies and clinical procedures being performed.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of medications used by the surgeon and anesthesiologist
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to establish, and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and possess problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment is essential.
- Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Professional communication with internal and external contacts.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE