Rate: $15-$17 per hour
Veterinary Assistants are valuable members of our medical teams and play a crucial role in patient care and client service. At Main Street Veterinary Hospital, you will work closely with doctors and technicians to increase the efficiency within our hospital as well as the level of care we provide as a team. Come thrive in an environment that encourages learning and continued grow within the profession.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Animal handling and restraint
- Assist doctors and technicians with medical treatments, diagnostic tests, and procedures
- Obtain health history from clients and ensure documentation is accurate and complete within the electronic medical record
- Maintain cleanliness of treatment and patient areas
- Restock and organize medical supplies
- Constantly advance your knowledgebase and skill set
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years of professional experience in a veterinary clinical setting (CSR, kennel attendant, vet assistant, other), preferred
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve and handle multiple tasks
- Must have the ability to adjust to changes in the environment and able to handle stress in a calm manner
- Must be a team player, have patience and maintain a positive attitude.
- Must be able to anticipate and be detail oriented due to the high level of quality medicine. Must be able to lift and restrain pets of at least 40 pounds, and work on feet most of the day.
Benefits and Perks:
- 401K with company match
- Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Main Street Animal Hospital such a beautiful location in wonderful Templeton, California. If you ask our clients why they come to Main Street, they will tell you it's because of our people! Our team truly loves working here and offering your pet the best in veterinary care. This enthusiasm comes through in our work. Our doctors are experienced and talented, yet practical and kind. Our support staff has years of experience and offer a level of customer service unmatched at other veterinary hospitals. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, Come check us out!
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Main Street Small Animal HospitalTempleton, CA
Get fresh Veterinary Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.