Main Street Homes Midlothian, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Objectives: Maintains item & quantity records on labor and materials used in the construction process to produce reliable budgets and purchase orders. Controls costs by identifying the least cost/best value vendors, suppliers, subcontractors relationships. Focus is on putting parts and pieces together.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Purchasing and Options Coordinator.
- Update material list for new plans as required.
- Obtains pricing for materials and bids from subcontractors in pricing custom options and creating materials lists for building.
- Update and maintain existing material list quantities in database as needed
- Assist Purchasing to update and maintain item cost & vendor/supplier as needed
- Estimates plans and provides quantity takeoffs. Identifies cost saving techniques and produces cost comparison analysis as needed.
- Researches/eliminates material, trade contractor, back office related variances.
- Assists Purchasing in monitoring hard cost changes due to cost increases/quantity changes and reports substantial cost changes to Director of Purchasing.
- Becomes familiar with scopes of work to include all related tasks and products specified for each phase of construction.
- Monitors plan changes, estimates cost of changes and provides written descriptions of plan changes.
- Issues accurate purchase orders and work orders within allotted stages of construction.
- Works closely with Construction Managers and Trades to eliminate waste in all phases of construction.
- Serve as a product knowledge resource for field and sales personnel regarding plans, specifications, etc.
- Assist with IHMS support/issues.
- Ability to read plans, blueprints
- General construction knowledge (3-5 years residential building experience)
- Working knowledge of estimating
- Organized / Attention to detail
- Motivated to learn
- Proficient in use of spreadsheets (Excel)
Main Street Homes
ConstructionView all jobs at Main Street Homes