Primary responsibility will be to serve as the liaison between product and IT and solve and respond to challenging business needs related to business requirements, workflows, etc. Responsibility for ensuring quality of product delivery by taking the policy through lifecycle of MSA processes from beginning to end. Identifies problems associated with workflow, technology, billing, processing, etc., and makes recommendation for solution. Works with product management on the detailed development of business requirements, and documents workflow, technical, and process changes and enhancements. Monitors effectiveness of system based on desired outcomes, and recommends solutions to close the gap between expected and actual outcomes. Functions as point person for development of business requirements for new development, maintenance and all enhancements or defects of assigned product and platform. Prioritizes enhancement/defect work based on decision factors agreed upon by management.
This position will support agency and internal system integration points. The ideal candidate will bring strong agency knowledge and the ability to create and maintain insurance industry relationships. The candidate should understand ACORD Policy Download to agency management systems. Responsibilities could include support for billing, ImageRight, Comparative Raters, Reports, Datahub and any other system necessary to support both Commercial and Personal Lines policy administration platforms
Role Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum of Associates degree/Technical Information Systems degree or combination of secondary education (and/or other related certifications, such as CIC, CISR, AIS, etc.) and comparable, progressive experience.
- Agency Management System knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of insurance (agency) operations a plus.
- Knowledge of ACORD Policy Download
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in business analysis desired
- A strong understanding of complex problem analysis and resolution techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail; ability to manage multiple priorities, and work to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must possess ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the company with internal and external customers, bridging business and technical aspects of complex systems.
- Must be able to effectively communicate business concepts to technologists and technology concepts to business partners.
- Business re-engineering experience, knowledge of systems development life cycle, strong knowledge of business case development.
- Ability to build and sustain positive and collaborative working relationships.
- Proficiency and proven skill in use of computer programs including strong knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).