It's an exciting time at The Main Street America Group! We are a stable, billion-dollar, "A"-rated, super-regional property and casualty insurance company that is well-positioned for growth, and we are looking to add great talent to help us achieve our goals.
JOB SUMMARYWe are looking for an Actuarial Analyst for our Personal Lines unit for both auto and home products pricing. Administers, interprets and controls the compilation of statistical, financial, and competitor information to assist management in the pricing of existing and new property/casualty products. Responsible for coordinating the completion of pricing evaluations and partners with the Product Manager in developing the rate proposal, publishing rate proposals and decision documents. Quantifies impact of alternative rate level changes on existing book. Also responsible for developing rate filing support, developing rate pages, responding to Insurance Department inquiries and responding to regulatory initiatives that impact the rating plan.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelors degree
- One to three Actuarial Exams
- Minimum of Zero to Two years of experience with a P&C Insurance Company, prior internship work study preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications-- especially Excel, is required
- Solid data management skills required (SQL/SAS)
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal expected
- Must commit to continue to take actuary exams
- Occasional travel may be involved.
Serving our customers since 1923, The Main Street America Group is a stable, billion-dollar P&C insurance company, Rated A by AM Best and offers:
- Medical, Dental & Vision (Day 1 coverage)
- Paid Time Off Bank
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Incentive (Bonus) Plan
- Employee Recognition Program
- Paid Holidays
- Company-Paid Disability and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care
Contingency Recruiters: Please do not send resumes directly to any hiring manager within the MSA organization. If you would like to discuss this position, please contact the Staffing Department directly and NOT our managers. You must have a signed and current search agreement with the MSA Staffing Department before any resumes can be reviewed. Any resumes sent directly to MSA without a contract and specific work order in place for the position will be considered property of MSA. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter!