Main Line Health is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource with over 11,000 employees, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. Composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Recognized as a Magnet system Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care, education and research.
Riddle Hospital, a Magnet designated hospital located in scenic Media, PA, is a not-for-profit acute care hospital with 204 inpatient beds, plus 23 Transitional Care Center beds. Riddle has been nationally recognized by The Joint Commission, the Society of Chest Pain Centers and other healthcare rating organizations for its high quality patient care. The Joint Commission lists Riddle Hospital as among the nation's top performers on key quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, stroke, pneumonia, and surgical care. The Hospital has received Magnet designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's highest award for recognizing excellence in nursing care.
We have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm.
Why Work at Riddle Hospital?
We are listed by US News & World Report as among the Top 10 Best Hospitals in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrate our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are. Also, our physicians and employees speak highly of the work environment at Main Line Health. We have been consistently ranked among the best places to work by Best Places to Work in PA and the Philadelphia Business Journal. We are committed to providing exceptional care with empathy and compassion for people at all stages in life. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrate our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are.
Turn your job into a career by joining Main Line Health!
The Senior Environmental Services Assistant will be responsible for daily cleaning of floors and other assigned areas. Project cleaning of walls, lights, windows, and removal and compacting of trash and boxes, removal of soiled linen, major floor cleaning and refinish functions. This position will also consist of training employees to ensure proper procedure is followed. All work to be done in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department and in accordance with hospital objectives.
1. Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and following strict routine and methods.
2. Under the guidance of the department manager, may be responsible for training staff members to ensure policy and procedures are performed.
3. Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and report any machine malfunctions.
4. Observe and report need for repairs of hospital equipment, furniture, fixtures, etc.
1. Provides friendly customer service by:
- Being considerate of customers and everyone with whom you come into contact.
- Helping customers and co-workers, in a pleasant manner when required.
1. Must have ability to follow oral and written instructions.
2. Mechanical aptitude is desirable.
1. 1-2 years previous housekeeping experience
2. Knowledge of floor machine use (Buffer, Burnisher, Extractor, Battery Operated Equipment, etc.) if responsible for floor care.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program. To be considered, please apply online with your resume at https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers Enter Job ID 49911 in Keyword search box.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.