Application Support Administrator
Mailgun San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are in need of someone who has availability to work 1st shift (8am - 5pm) OR 2nd shift (1pm - 10pm CST).
Mailgun prides ourselves in providing world-class customer support on every customer interaction. Our primary job is to make our customer's lives easier by providing efficient, helpful and world-class support. As an Application Support Administrator these should come easy to you. You will be working in a fast-paced environment on a daily basis that consistently brings new challenges and learning opportunities.
Application Support Administrators should have:
- The ability to wow customers on every contact
- The ability to sound personable on all forms of communication (tickets, phones, and chats)
- The ability to explain complex topics in a way that anyone could understand
- A technical aptitude to consistently learn new technologies and adapt to our customers needs (programming languages, new operating systems, APIs, etc.)
- A passion for technology and customer service
We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries weve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun). We move fast and dont believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. We have a passion for solving hard problems our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- A basic understanding of email receipt and delivery (POP, IMAP, and SMTP)
- Basic knowledge of concepts surrounding email composition, specifically MIME standards and formatting
- Knowledge of email deliverability techniques such as IP and domain reputation, SPF/DKIM authentication, and spam filtering
- Ability to execute commands in multiple programming languages
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and how to integrate with a customer solution
- Foundational understanding of Cloud Computing technologies. Familiarity with the various client and server operating system used by customers (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX)
- Proactive sense of urgency with respect to customer service and communication
- Strong organization, communication, learning, problem-solving, documentation, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a physically distributed team and work a flexible schedule to cover shifts Responsibilities
- Handles level-appropriate customer support requests primarily via phone, tickets, and chat
- Escalates support requests as necessary through the appropriate channels
- Documents all customer support phone calls/chats via the ticketing system
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond expectations
- Fosters a strong working relationship with other departments including but not limited to Sales, Operations and Support
- Exercises good judgment and decision-making at all times in order to consistently deliver superior customer outcomes
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of customer service via phone, chat, and ticket support
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Mailgun offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Mailgun provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Mailgun offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: Its not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles
Mailgun embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
AddressSan Antonio, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Mailgun