- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maiello, Brungo & Maiello, LLP is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the position of Legal Assistant in its real estate tax assessment department. The position requires a self-motivated individual to provide support to the Firm's attorneys practicing before BPAAR and the Board of Viewers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen attorneys’ telephone calls, emails and correspondence
- Track correspondence requiring responses and keep attorneys advised of status and deadlines
- Respond to clients and provide information to clients as needed as directed by attorneys
- Prepare, review and proof correspondence, documents and pleadings. Word processing and typing
- File organization and maintenance
- Preparation and organization of materials for hearings and trials
- Coordinate and maintain calendars and task lists for attorneys
- Provide support and research
- Filing of pleadings both electronically and in person at courthouse
- Assist other departments and support personnel as needed
Education and Key Job Competencies
- Two-year degree or equivalent certification
- Two-years plus working experience as a legal assistant in a law firm or for in-house counsel
- Strong planning and organizational skills and deadline driven
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and means
- Ability to work well and effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Must have excellent O365 skills and experience with all O365 products especially Outlook, Excel, Access and Teams
- Familiarity with Allegheny County Real Estate, Department of Court Records, and Recorder of Deeds websites a plus
Visit www.mbm-law.net for more information.
Maiello, Brungo & Maiello, LLPWhy Work Here?
Celebrating its 50th Year and located in the Southside Works. Offers an opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
Maiello, Brungo & Maiello, LLP is a 15 attorney law firm representing businesses, public entities, and individuals in the areas of real estate development, mergers and acquisitions, construction, and school and municipal law. Our attorneys work collaboratively with each other to build a well-informed strategy for each client matter. This ensures that every legal issue is evaluated from different perspectives, that solutions are both practical and timely, and that our clients benefit from favorable results.
424 S. 27th StreetPittsburgh, PA