- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking a Service Manager to join our team!
Who you are:
The Service Manager, in collaboration with the leadership teams, will set communicate standards and practices for the restaurant to ensure a high performing and fulfilled team. They work closely with the management teams to drive service each day and inspire team members to work together and hold one another accountable to the standards set. They educate and support the service team to create the best dining experience for all guests and the best work environment and experience for all employees.
What you’ll do:
Cultivate a culture of authentic hospitality for all stakeholders that supports our business objectives and growth.
Maintain excellence and cleanliness of the dining room, ensuring that appropriate physical inventory is always available to employees and guests and that all staff is properly acquainted with appropriate CGS as it pertains to the cycle of service.
Maintain positive working relationships with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods, ensuring effective and timely communication.
Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed.
Work with beverage management to conduct, reconcile and submit month end beverage inventory.
Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies, holding employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary.
Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to business/accounting procedures.
Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation.
Provides feedback and guidance with excellence and hospitality in mind, ensuring that all team members have a pathway for growth and development
Consistently looks for internal and external opportunities to build our growing team
What we need from you:
2+ years dining room experience in hospitality & fine dining, management experience preferred
Excellent food and beverage knowledge
Strong passion for and skill in education
Excellent verbal & written communication
Understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
English fluency and Spanish preferred
What you’ll get from us:
Competitive salary with bonus potential
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
Paid Parental Leave
Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
Please note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This position may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the restaurant.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
USHG will make reasonable accommodations under applicable law for qualified individuals to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the Company.
USHG is proud to offer all qualified employees a package of employee benefits including; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Transit Discount program, 401k, Flexible Spending, Direct Deposit, Corporate Fitness Discount programs and an Employee Dining Program.
- Medical: Each of our PPO plans is designed to help you meet your healthcare needs and manage expenses for you (and your dependents) including the option to use in-network or out-of network providers. Our medical insurance offers three different options to employees with USHG sharing the cost of the premium with enrolled employees.
- Dental Insurance: USHG offers two dental policies: an in-network plan, and an out-of-network plan. We cover 100% of the cost of the “In Network” Plan for you (an individual plan) or we will apply a set dollar amount per month to the cost of your plan if you choose to add dependants or to go out-of-network using the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan.
- Vision: USHG offers a supplemental vision insurance program. The in-network plan includes an annual eye exam and a pair of glasses or set of contacts.
- Transit Program: All employees are eligible to elect to set aside pre-tax dollars each month toward the cost of commuting. You may choose up to the Federal Allowed maximum per month and these elections are deducted pre-tax. As a result you will pay less in taxes each year.
- 401(k) Plan: USHG offers a voluntary retirement investment plan that allows you to defer a portion of your income and use pre-tax dollars to save for your retirement. All employees who are 21 years of age or older may elect to participate after 12 months of continuous employment.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: All employees who have completed 12 months of continuous, full-time employment may elect to set up Flexible Spending Accounts in January of each year. Flexible Spending Accounts allow employees to defer pre-tax income to pay for certain eligible expenses including health care costs not covered by health insurance, transportation to work, and qualified child care expenses. Flexible Spending allows you to increase the income you take home by reducing the amount of taxes you pay for qualified expenses.
- Direct Deposit: We offer direct deposit of paychecks to your financial institution at no cost to you. You may sign up for direct deposit at any time.
- Corporate Discount Programs: As a USHG employee, you can get a discounted rate at area gyms and massage services. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to stay healthy and strong!
- Employee Dining Program: Through this program, we hope to make dining in our restaurants a reality for all our employees. The program starts out as a discount program and adds Dining Dollars over time.
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Maialino