Receiving Department Manager-Chelmsford
Mahoney's is a family-owned and operated independent garden center with 7 retail locations in the Greater Boston Area and Cape Cod. For over 60 years, we have taken pride in offering the highest selection of quality plants, yard products, and gardening accessories - with outstanding customer service to match!
We employ customer-driven people that are dedicated to creating a refreshing and helpful shopping experience. For our employees, we offer a fun, fast-paced, and challenging workplace with the opportunity for growth. We are committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages trust, hard work, efficiency, self-motivation, initiative, continuous improvement, and teamwork. We provide an opportunity for personal and professional growth and a great employee discount, as well!
The Receiving Manager will be responsible for the oversight of all aspects of materials receiving and receiving personnel. This includes the training and oversight of the receiving team's daily tasks and supporting them check and validate the various documentation of goods received in accordance with standard policies and operating procedures as well as the efficient movement of received and documented inventory. Aspects of this validation and movement include, accurately reviewing order receivers and communicating item prices to other departments and the Store Controller, documenting broken and forgotten items, initializing the transfer of goods between store locations and the proper storage and organization of overstocked product.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ensure the execution of standard receiving procedures focused on the checking and validation of day-to-day deliveries
- Complete all related administrative tasks through the proper documentation of internal and external paperwork including bills of landing, invoices, goods received and order forms, delivering all validated documents to the Store Controller in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicate with company buyers as needed to review the status and availability of purchase order documents in order to accurate and efficiently complete the receiving process.
- Creation of transfer paperwork for accurately split inventory in support of the Operations team
- Maintain the organization of approved inventory transfers, communicating driver logs and schedules as well as transfer quantities to store level management in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain the organization and management of overstocked products, storing items in an efficient and accessible manner, transferring items out of storage in a timely manner as required
- Communicate accurate inventory pricing to department heads in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Provide training to new receiving team members to ensure all policies and procedures related to the receiving process are accurately communicated and executed
- Responsible to ensure that all associates are current with receiving practices and knowledge as well as related safety trainings in compliance with company standards
- Analyze delivery data to develop benchmarking and the creation of improved receiving methods and procedures, in order to maintain team accountability and performance standards
- Communicate with store level management the personnel status of the department including all hiring needs as well as the expectations and performance of receiving team members
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by management
- Well Organized/Attention to Detail
- Project Management
- Analytical Skills
- Work Independently
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated progression of responsibility in retail store operations with work or personal experience in the horticultural or gardening fields preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and prior usage of Excel spreadsheets. Strong interpersonal and project management skills. Prefer High School Diploma or GED.
This job operates in an active retail store environment. This job may be either indoors or outdoors or both.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and / or crawling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Flexible hours. Days and hours of work vary by schedule and season. Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Mahoney's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
**Our office uses job application software to track all of our job openings and resumes. If you don't hear from us after you apply online, please check the spam and junk folders in your email account. What we send out from our software is not always recognized as regular email.**
Mahoney's Garden CenterNorth Chelmsford, MA
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Receiving Department Manager-Chelmsford jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.