Customer Service Representative
Mahoney's is a family-owned and operated independent garden center with 7 retail locations in the Greater Boston Area and Cape Cod. For over 60 years, we have taken pride in offering the highest selection of quality plants, yard products, and gardening accessories - with outstanding customer service to match!
We employ customer-driven people that are dedicated to creating a refreshing and helpful shopping experience. For our employees, we offer a fun, fast-paced, and challenging workplace with the opportunity for growth. We are committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages trust, hard work, efficiency, self-motivation, initiative, continuous improvement, and teamwork. We provide an opportunity for personal and professional growth and a great employee discount, as well!
The responsibility of the Customer Service Representative is to act as the initial point of contact to answer and direct customer inquiries across all communication channels including phone, email, social media, and the e-commerce platform. Ensure that all customer inquiriesare answered in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. Additional responsibility includes the transferring and directing of escalated inquiries to the appropriate channels and individuals. This requires continual communication with the Customer Service Manager, Store Level Management, and product specific subject matter experts to ensure inquiries are directed to the proper channels in a timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Answer customer inquiries across all channels including phone, email, social media, and the e-commerce platform in a timely and effective manner
- Utilize company resources to accurately answer customer inquiries related to product availability, product care, order status and company policies in timely and accurate manner
- Effectively and efficiently transfer and direct calls to Store Level Management and Company subject matter experts for advanced inquiries needed
- Provide Customers with additional company information including current promotions, mark downs, new product arrivals as well as changes to operating hours, pickup locations and return policies
- Support the continual improvement of the Customer Service Support team through the continual tracking and collection of customer inquiry data related to channel volume and FAQs
- Provide informed recommendations on the customer service process, call scripts and the call center experience to the Customer Service Manager in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all inquiries are answered in a professional manner in accordance with approved department scripts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Ability to handle multiple customer inquiries and computer screens simultaneously
- Strong telephone skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to maintain a productive working relationship with colleagues inside and outside the organization
- Strong work ethic
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
2+ years' experience working in a customer service or customer facing role including call centers, information/kiosk desk or retail role required. Previous experience utilizing a POS or inventory management software required. Working knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel and Word.
This job operates in both a traditional office setting and an active retail store environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and / or crawling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Flexible hours. Days and hours of work vary by schedule and season. Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Mahoney's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Mahoney's Garden CenterWinchester, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.