JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SUPERINTENDENT
Pre-construction Phase Tasks and Responsibilities
· Review design documents for phasing, scheduling, and constructability considerations.
· Develop project schedule by working with Project Manager, Project Engineer, and trade contractors.
· Review trade contractor specific scopes.
· Work with Safety Manager to develop site specific safety plan.
Construction Phase Tasks and Responsibilities
· Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
· Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
· Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
· Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work of several contractors.
· Work with subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
· Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
· Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
· Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling.
· Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
· Perform jobsite risk analysis for activities which pose unusual challenges or risks. Work with trade contractors to develop plans to mitigate risks and ensure they are followed.
· Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
· Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
Documentation Control Tasks and Responsibilities
· Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals
· Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
· Perform daily safety inspections.
· Maintain meeting minutes from weekly subcontractor meetings.
· Preside over weekly / daily safety meetings as required and maintain logs.
· Maintain 2-week look ahead schedule which details specific activities from the jobsite schedule.
· Maintain miscellaneous job specific logs as required.
· Track job expenses and provide weekly reports to the Project Manager
· Complete and submit weekly time sheets for Mahogany employees.
· Maintain jobsite red line as-builts, submittals, and specification binders.
Post-construction Phase Tasks and Responsibilities
· Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
· Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
· This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
· Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
· Body Movements: Turning head and torso, bending and flexing arms, wrist and fingers, Reach with hands and arms. Lift or move objects weighing 50 lbs.
· Body senses: Must have full use of eyes and ears, full power of speech.
· Preferred two to four-year degree in construction related field
· High school diploma/GED
· Must have the ability to read blueprints
Preferred experience with Micros
Our motto at Mahogany, Inc., "Specializing in Quality Construction," is not just a catch phrase; our competent craftsman take pride in each project and the results show. From the initial stages, down to the fine details, you can be assured our complete attention to the task at hand. Mahogany’s consistent growth has demonstrated the continuing efforts of our dedicated staff in producing a quality construction product. Our competitive pricing structure and our ability to provide minority participation goals on required projects is an added plus.
Why Work Here?Approximately 27 years ago, Jeffrey Hargrave founded Mahogany, Inc. and began providing carpentry services. By focusing on the installation of Architectural Millwork the company created its very own unique niche in the Maryland construction industry. Since 1991, we have expanded our services to include a wide scope of work. Our services now encompass general construction, furnishing and installation of architectural millwork, commissioning, joint ventures, diversity partnerships, construction management, historic wood restoration, plastic laminate, doors, frames, hardware, laboratory casework and miscellaneous specialties. Our motto at Mahogany, Inc., "Specializing in Quality Construction," is not just a catch phrase; our competent craftsman take pride in each project and the results show. From the initial stages, down to the fine details, you can be assured our complete attention to the task at hand. Mahogany’s consistent growth has demonstrated the continuing efforts of our dedicated staff in producing a quality construction product. Our competitive pricing structure and our ability to provide minority participation goals on required projects is an added plus.
Awesome CEO, great team-building environment, community involvement