- Posted: over a month ago
Magnus Chess Academy (formerly Silver Knights Chess) is looking for people who want to make a positive difference in the lives of elementary school children. We have taught chess to nearly 100,000 children in our 16-year history. Come join us!
You will be a great fit if you:
- Play chess! You don't have to be a master-level player, but you do need interest and enthusiasm.
- Want to work with children (ages 5-11).
- Are available to work part-time during "after-school" hours (fall/winter/spring) or "full-time" hours (summer)
- Have experience as a camp counselor, tutor, teacher, coach, instructor, or previous preschool or daycare experience.
- Are comfortable driving and have a flexible schedule, for example, an Uber or Lyft driver, a student, or a retired person looking for a part-time job.
You will receive thorough, paid training on how to help children learn chess.
Earn $50 - 70 per hour long club meeting
Please note the total time commitment is longer due to setup and cleanup
- Knowledgeable in the rules and basic strategy of chess, or willing to learn
- Experience or interest in working with elementary-age children. Experience in a classroom setting is a plus!
- Have a reliable vehicle for transportation
- Ability to lift 20 lbs of teaching equipment
- Manage a classroom of 10-15 students
- Use our curriculum to demonstrate and effectively communicate all of the basic rules (piece movement, how to castle, check, checkmate, etc) and strategy
- Promote good sportsmanship among students
- Responsibly store and maintain all teaching equipment and materials
Guaranteed response within 72 hours of applying.
Magnus Chess Academy is part of the Play Magnus Group, the network of companies founded by World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen! As a chess coach/instructor, you are eligible for some cool perks, including free chess courses to further your own chess learning, staff parties, and more!
MCA is an EEO employer and is a safe and drug-free workplace.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Magnus Chess Academy
Sports and Recreation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?