Mechanical Engineering Technologist
- Posted: June 03, 2022
- $50,000 to $70,000 Yearly
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST/MECHANICAL ENGINEER/MECHANICAL ENGINEER TECHNICIAN. USD Salary Range - $50000 - $70000 / year. Starting pay is commensurate with experience.
- Are you looking for a career where you can use your ingenuity and engineering know-how to design and build cutting-edge instruments for leading research labs across the globe?
- Do you thrive in fast-paced and fluid work environments where you arent micromanaged, but are given autonomy over your responsibilities?
If this sounds like you, then Magnitude Instruments could be the place for you!
Magnitude Instruments is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technologist/Technician to join our rapidly growing team. This position will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for the design and manufacture of our state-of-the-art transient absorption spectrometers, as well as prototyping for future products and providing critical input on future product development
Magnitude Instruments is a technology company based in State College, PA that has revolutionized nanosecond transient absorption spectroscopy by developing instruments with orders of magnitude higher sensitivity and faster scan times. This game-changing technology, for the first time, allows all chemists, materials scientists, physicists, and biologists to makes these types of time-resolved measurements right out of the box with Magnitude Instruments' benchtop spectrometers. These products are currently helping to fuel the future of renewable energy and high technology and are in high demand in university research labs, national labs, and in the electronic materials industry.
- This is an on-site position at our companys headquarters. Occasional day and overnight travel is required and there is also some potential for international travel. Having a valid driver's license, a registered and insured vehicle, and the ability to drive to and from prospective/current accounts or other business events is necessary; must also be able to travel by common carrier air and/or train for prospect/customer site visits and industry tradeshows and other events.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This company does not sponsor work visas.
- Design, develop, and manufacture transient absorption spectrometers products and manage documentation, including bill of materials; drawings; procedures; and technical specifications
- Support new product development that spans the full range of development from feasibility studies to stable production
- Assist with lifecycle projects to improve field reliability of existing products, cost saving projects, Assurance of Supply projects, and new product development projects
- Mechanical design of components and assemblies including plastics, sheet metal, structural metals, insulation systems, sealing methods, fluid connectors, fasteners, busbars, and other components, with hands on prototyping
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar engineering discipline) from an accredited 4-year college or university or a certificate of completion from an accredited vocational trade school and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a mechanical engineering discipline will be considered in lieu of the Bachelor degree
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software; Solidworks is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous design experience preferred
- Background checks (criminal/education/employment/reference/credit/DMV) may be performed; results must be satisfactory to the company.
- If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures and other prescribed best practices/industry standards.
The job is primarily performed indoors in a traditional office setting; The individual is constantly required to talk, hear, stand, or sit for extended periods of time while using a computer, telephone, or other productivity devices to communicate with other personnel and conduct business. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently uses hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, squat, turn/twist, and smell. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push, or pull up to 100 pounds.
This job also requires the individual to be physically present in a light industrial, temperature-controlled manufacturing area to communicate with other individuals and conduct business. Noise levels in each area can vary and specific workspace restrictions are also possible.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus, and the ability to identify deviations and differences from an established tolerance or standard and adjust focus between objects, materials, colors, and textures; use of magnifying devices may be required. Manual/finger/hand dexterity and sufficient physical (hand/arm/shoulder) strength to be able to effectively operate precision machinery and hand tools such as regulators, gauges, micrometric calipers etc. is required.
Frequent sitting, standing, moving forward/back/side-to-side, and working around machinery and moving parts is required; exposure to electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, sealants, solvents, and other compounds is possible.
Site conditions will dictate the use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
APPLY TODAYbecause were looking forward to learning about you!
Check us out at MagnitudeInstruments.com. If you are intrigued by what you learn about the company, our people, and our products, then apply now. You owe it to yourself to explore a company that is full of promise and possibilities!
Magnitude Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation. No recruiters, please; principal applicants only.
AddressState College, PA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Magnitude Instruments