Aerospace Coatings Technician
Magnetic Inspection Lab Elk Grove Village, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
GET HIRED TODAY AND RECEIVE $1,000.00 SIGN-ON BONU$!
***paid out after successfully completing 90 days of employment***
Position Overview: The Aerospace Coatings Technician is responsible for surface preparation and application of various coatings while maintaining production throughput as well as meeting customer and quality requirements.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain processing equipment such as HVLP spray guns, electrostatic powder guns, fixtures, hoists, measurement devices and vapor degreasing equipment.
- Apply coatings uniformly to the film thickness required in accordance with specification and customer requirements.
- Assist in inventory control of coating materials, related supplies, and equipment.
- Complete and/or ensure adherence to applicable documents and process controls including contract review and customer-specific flow-down requirements, work order instructions, process techniques, test data, inspection reports and general procedures.
- Perform incoming, in-process, and final inspections prior to transfer and consult the Quality Department regarding any concerns with quality of parts.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area by utilizing 5S and lean principles.
- Provide cross-functional support and perform additional duties as assigned or required to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Engage in continuous improvement objectives and seek opportunities to support personal and company growth.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A detail-oriented, organized, self-starting individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop knowledge of paint mixing techniques and ratios.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Develop the ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Prioritize and efficiently complete tasks with consistency and accuracy, often under pressure and/or short deadlines.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of aerospace coating specifications, customer specific requirements as well as MIL’s quality system and general procedures.
- Demonstrate all safe work practices including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be PC literate and able to effectively interface with MIL’s custom production software. Basic or greater understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time and have the strength to handle parts ranging in size and weight.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. English/Spanish bilingual is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
Reports To: The Aeropsace Coatings Technician will report to the Coatings Supervisor.
Hours: 4 PM 12:30 AM. Some overtime work is available and may be required.
Compensation: Dependent on qualifications and with opportunities for advancement.
As a permanent, full-time MIL employee, benefits include:
- Annual performance and compensation review, with eligibility for annual bonuses
- MIL Inc. 401(k) plan with employer matching and profit sharing
- Premium health insurance as well as supplemental vision and dental insurance plans
- Company paid and supplemental life insurance and AD&D
- Company paid holidays and personal paid time-off accrual
Please do not hesitate to ask for additional details on any of our benefits & policies.
Magnetic Inspection Lab
AddressElk Grove Village, IL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Magnetic Inspection Lab