Export Shipping Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
Magnaflux, a division of Illinois Tool Works (Fortune 250), is a leading worldwide supplier of magnetic particle, dye penetrant inspection equipment and associated chemical products used for applications within the Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas and Energy markets.
With over 85 years in the industry, Magnaflux offers employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with immediate company match, and much more!
As our Export Shipping Coordinator full training and certifications will be provided to ensure success within the role and to ensure continued professional development within the role. This role would be well suited to someone with high computer literacy and a strong attention to detail who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a willingness to learn.Job Description
- Process bills of lading, purchase orders, and all documentation necessary to complete a Domestic customer’s order
- Follow appropriate procedures which are DOT, IATA and IMO requirements for transportation of hazardous materials.
- Retrieve product SDS Sheets and Certifications from the computer and send to customers.
- Interpret instructions derived from the shipper and various government bodies.
- Prepare and complete Export documentation as required for business units by completing templates and processing them appropriately. Including, but not limited to: Invoice, Packing List, Shipper’s Letter of instruction, Wood Certification and Dangerous Goods Forms.
- Obtain quotes and negotiate rates: air, ground, and ocean shipments
- Analyze and decide best carrier to be used for shipping products.
- Call or Email carriers and schedule shipment of goods.
- Expedite Export shipments by maintaining positive relationships with regulatory freight forwarders, vendors and customer service department through oral and written communications regarding regulatory pathways, compliance test requirements, clarification, and follow-up of submissions under review.
- Make shipping arrangements by calling or emailing freight forwarder and detailing INCO Terms, shipping weights, dimensions, classification of material and ship to and ship from addresses.
- Contribute to Import/Export Custom Compliance audits and meetings.
- Resolve freight and/or trucking claims.
- Implement the most recent editions of all shipping documents.
- Learn, understand, and implement UPS procedures.
- Verify UPS package regulation.
- Assist the Shipping Manager/Supervisor to drive continuous improvement to the Safety Risk Assessment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate – high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and works at high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders with a professional approach taken at all times
- Shipping documentation experience preferred
- Ability to lift 55 pounds
- Occasional travel may be required to ensure on-boarding and ongoing training obligations are met
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
AddressDe Witt, IA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Magnaflux