- Posted: over a month ago
Magnaflux, a division of Illinois Tool Works (Fortune 250), is a leading worldwide supplier of magnetic particle, dye penetrant inspection equipment and associated chemical products used for applications within the Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas and Energy markets.
With over 85 years in the industry, Magnaflux offers employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with immediate company match, and much more!Job Description
By joining Magnaflux you are joining an industry expert, where we strive to provide meaningful employment experiences and always ensure a safe working environment. Our manufacturing facility within Dewitt provides employees with a great environment to work in and for the role of Assembler full training will be provided throughout the on-boarding period.
As an Assembler you would work a straight shift of 7am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review job orders.
- Inspect parts for obvious damage or defects before assembly.
- Assemble equipment according to mechanical, electrical and layout drawings.
- Ability to assemble equipment using power tools.
- Inspect equipment when assembly is complete to ensure it complies with company standards.
- Correct and update drawings as units are built.
- Modify parts using machine shop equipment.
- Know and use KanBan system (inventory control system).
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years mechanical and/or assembly experience preferred.
- Flexibility to work overtime as business conditions warrant.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Correct knowledge and use of hand tools.
- Basic computer skills knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions, and operating procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers and supervisor to complete all necessary paperwork.
- Must be able to troubleshoot design while assembling product and report findings to engineering.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
AddressDe Witt, IA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?